The great debate

The great debate.

Attached: white_draper_soprano.jpg (1200x800, 107.78K)

kill marry fuck

It’s not a debate; Sopranos is the best show that’s ever been made and nothing will ever get close to it.

sopranos > mad men >>>>> breaking bad

as characters
Don>Tone>Walt
as shows
Sopranos>MM>BrBa

plebs. Mad Men is better. Gandalfini elevates The Sopranos, otherwise it's average

there's no brba nor mad men without sopranos

For me it’s mad men, all 3 shows are slow burns that requires me starting over after quitting halfway through the first season. I love mad men now and it’s in fact my favourite tv show of all time. So maybe I’m biased but

Sopranos didn’t work for me, maybe I just don’t like the mob genre in general as I didn’t like goodfellas either (but godfather 1 and 2 I thought were great) I think the problem with Sopranos for me is how boring the first season is, it’s just some fat guy whining to his psychiatrist. On the rewatch I liked it a bit more and I think it has a lot more great scenes than BrBa does.

BrBa for me is the opposite of both mad men and sopranos, where they both start slow and build to something really great, whereas BrBa feels like it starts great and then it just does thing thing where it’s constantly pandering to the audience with “cool” moments of either extremely forced “badass” dialogue or shark jumping moments. I also absolutely hate how over the top miserable Walt’s life is, haha you’ve got a nagging pregnant wife, your son is a retard, you’re poor, the company you left is worth billions your ex married your best friend living off your research AND lung cancer haha!!! And as I said, show starts great and then goes “okay so who’s the next big bad guy and what cool science thing can we have Walter do.

Mad men has its bad parts too ofc. I for one am not a big fan of the final season at all, except the ending episode and the part where they go to McCann and he’s talking about how they’ve died and gone to advertising heaven, Buick, Ortho pharmaceutical, nibisco… Coca… Cola. and loads of characters actually have arcs, like even side characters have big arcs they go through for 7 seasons. Compare that to breaking bad where there’s only 3-4 characters that go through anything at all (and you don’t always have to have arcs like that to be fair)

Mad men, both breaking bad and Sopranos are carried by Aaron Paul & Bryan cranston, and Galdalfini respectively. Other than the shows are mediocre as hell but at least breaking bad has things happen and isn’t an extremely overdone genre.

Mad men not only has a pretty unique setting both time period and subject matter. But most of the cast (except Peggy fuck you’re annoying) are great as well. Roger Sterling is basically just a funnier Saul Goodman as well

>loads of characters actually have arcs
Where's my arc?

Bryan>Jon>>>>>>James

Mad Men

Attached: 1399848098456.jpg (492x510, 20.45K)

don tony walt
sopranos mad men brba

just finished s2 of sopranos and I just cant think of something better than this
maybe because Im a mob film enthusiast but it's peak comfy, I just too good
and people say it only gets better, I dont think I will handle the kino

>madmen
watched the first episode and it was pure garbage
maybe I should watch another one tho

start on season 5 bro

>Roger Sterling
Roger is great but for me it's Harry. That dude is so goofy and unintentionally funny sometimes.

not much if a debate.
Sopranos.

Sopranos and mad men were written by the same guy. Kind of the same story...big guy lumbering around being annoying.

none are that good desu but sopranos wins

Mad Men's pilot is kinda poor, especially compared to the rest of the show. It's because they had to sell it to the network and the audience with that single episode, like all TV pilots, so all the themes are laid on really thick. It can basically all be summarized like so:
>woah look it's the SIXITIES isn't it DIFFERENT
>look at all the SEXISM and ALCOHOLISM
>oh my god they're ADVERTIZING for CIGARETTES
>Don Draper fucking CHEATS on his WIFE
Give the next few episodes a go, I found season 1 starts really slow but it started to grab me by around episode 4 or so. If it gets you the same way, you'll be fully hooked by the end of the season

I started with the end of episode 6 on a stream and i enjoyed it.