When will the "evil Superman" trope go away? Its retarded and only dumb normies think Superman is a boring character

When will the "evil Superman" trope go away? Its retarded and only dumb normies think Superman is a boring character

Attached: 9abb9492b3743a8d65b3052b969a9221.jpg (774x797, 81.79K)

Dude

has the evil superman trope even been done that much outside of comics

Superman is a boring shitty character. Having psycho versions of him like Homelander or Omniman is more interesting than a boring american boyscout god bullshit.

He knows he's carrying that crap show

It hasn't worked since Red Son, but that won't stop them from trying

didn't get btfo enough on Any Forums, OP?

i think he's based
i've always thought he was the most watchable character.
i'm not white, btw

The evil Superman trope has been going on for decades but its foray into mainstream television is relatively new.

Didn't your wife get enough BBC last night, cuck?

>Red Son
Kingdom Come*

How have we arrived at a point in this culture where telling a story about a good superman sounds like some crazy groundbreaking fringe idea?

Do you know how weird it is to just randomly use that as an insult?

It is the prevailing opinion that Superman is too preachy on its messages and that being an immutable and incorruptible boy scout is too boring of a concept for modern Western audiences.

they need to do a good superman movie, not some edgy schlock but something really fun. Like an adaptation of all star superman or maybe even some silver age stuff.

It's an illegal alien and a xeno and it must be exterminated.

Lex Luthor is the real hero.

Attached: space_marine.jpg (938x800, 327.88K)

>they need to do a good superman movie
Boring

no, people loved captain America

But modern western media is preachy as fuck. I think it's more that people think optimism, empathy and genuine decency just have no place in this generally cynical, bitter and pessimistic zeitgeist. But I'd say that's all the more reason it's needed.

he's a massive faggot living it up in a faggy show

Kingdom Come is shit, no idea why it gets praised so highly

Writing for Captain America and Superman are two completely different things. Superman can't even be the All-American hero anymore since he's a "global force for good" or some shit.

captain America was even more gay than this shitshow.

Superman's challenge should be to be a good person. We should see him struggle with it. That would be interesting. Not just bad or good Superman, but a normal Superman.

What the fuck are you on. Kingdom Come was a good deconstruction of the JSA.

That's what Snyder literally did and people hated him for it.

Omniman is more like Zod or Vegeta

>prevailing opinion
Shut the fuck up you worthless kike cock sucker.

>It's a deconstruction! Superheroes have god complexes, so deep!
It's been done a million times and done better.

We haven't really gotten the all-american boyscout since the Donner movies, though

this
hes more interesting as the baddy

Not on the level of Kingdom Come and not to the level of actually using Christianity as its center piece made during the climate of the 90s.

no
Superman stands for truth, justice, and the American way even if the country doesn’t.

Attached: 989B4F6D-F1B2-4B53-889A-105D29B7BAFB.jpg (416x640, 86.94K)

WEED

Brightburn, Injustice, and pretty sure there was one on Arrow, plus it was done at least twice outside of the big 2 comics (Invincible and Irredeemable) and countless times within
Invincible is pretty much the only one that ever had anything interesting to say about it

Anyone who says superman has a god complex doesn't understand the character. A god rules. Superman doesn't choose to rule. He doesn't see himself above others despite his crazy power. That's the whole reason why he could ever be deserving of having the power to begin with, whereas a god's power is unconditional.

How many Superman expys do you think have been created now? How many do you think are even good? It is supremely easier for lesser writers to write Superman when he's just this authoritarian power man.

>only dumb normies think Superman
So do movie writers and producers. The best they could do in modern times was a Jesus archetype. They don't want Superman to do weird shit like fight aliens off-plant or wizards in another dimension, and they don't want him to leave that piece of shit Metropolis is the trash where it belongs. I fucking hate how adaptations glue Superman to that city.

Yeah let's watch "nihilism and excess: the show" for the 900th time, that'll really get us going

Why do you think the most die-hard of Superman detractors are often Battfags?

The only good deconstruction of superheros was Watchmen. Everything else is just derivative, self indulgent garbage.
The whole point of Watchmen was to showing how stupid it is to take these types of characters and try to apply real world logic to their actions.

is this the topic where jewish boys try to impress mexican men? sure looks like it. TOP FUCKING KEK!!!

>Superman is a boring shitty character

said the retarded man, the conflicts of superman are better than just uuh i have too much power, and his stories are superior to any faggot clone of him.

Yeah we get it. You don't understand the concept of morality.

They should call it " someone exploding for shock value until its boring" instead of "the boys"

I think its based on a comic book called the boys. Naming it something else may get confusing

Okay okay. You need your skydaddy to be good, I get it.

it's not a morality problem
it's just superman's powers are much more interesting when they belong to an opposing force
you could make superman mildly interesting if he was the antagonist and the POV is from the bad guys, but at the end of the day you have to root for the bad guys
its why homelander is much more interesting than superman, cuz he's unstoppable