/dcu/

what went wrong?

Attached: dcu.jpg (1467x790, 129.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=euphoria,mandalorian,loki,wandavision,/g/11qpsdzw80
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tried too quickly to create a universe without ever establishing one to begin with. They completely ignored the point of why the mcu was so successful to begin with.

Their movies were hit or miss and then they won a golden lion with a standalone capeshit that also was more profitable and popular than infinity war so they just gave up

wtf did they win a golden lion for, also what is a golden lion
>tried to create a universe
no they didn't

Fucked up the main character from the getgo both times they attempted starting a cinematic universe

that jap retard at warner

>no they didn't
That's my point.

>what is a golden lion
It's the biggest award at the biennale di venezia one of the oldest and most prestigious film festivals in the world. DC won one with Joker therefore winning capeshit console wars forever

zero direction and trying to copy marvel instead of doing their own thing. MCU movies work because they nailed the formula but it's wearing thin, MCU is all about consuming brand at this point. DC never got that far.

DC had better TV shows until they went all in LGBT+. Arrowverse was totally watchable until it went full on gay intersectionalist.
you can disagree but viewership tanked after that.
Stargirl is surprisingly not bad no gay shit and not really woke, almost anti woke.
Superman and Lois is alright, They tried to pull some gay shit, got backlash and that storyline just quietly went away.

MCU TV shows are largely trash, woke tardation.

>DC
Only Batman and Joker are interesting. Forget the other shitters, rite?

Attached: 1643901179293.jpg (1280x720, 84.28K)

his contract ends in 2023, and the new CEO of Discovery just canceled any DC movie that hadn't actually started filming. So what's in the can will be released and then we'll see apparently a bunch of $30 million DC movies on HBO Max but no clue what their theatrical shit will be yet.

First we have to suffer through two years of shit like Aqua Man 2 tho.

>no clue what their theatrical shit will be yet
If they have any theatrical release at all they'll be in a better spot than star wars so doesn't sound that bad

>Arrowverse was totally watchable until it went full on gay intersectionalist.
I remember watching Arrow when it first aired and kinda enjoyed it. I just recall it getting worse and worse until I couldn't watch it anymore.

>biennale di venezia
sounds made up

also if they gave an award to "Joker" then they immediately invalidate themselves.

>DC had better TV shows
Anyone who spends even one minute watch the CW has no business on this board, as this website is 18+

Still coping huh

Attached: 1568584666771.jpg (1311x7568, 1.34M)

Star Wars shot themselves in the dick because the formula was already established as episodic. Anything outside of that was rejected by the fanbase, and with good reason.

DC could have consquered TV while the MCU was starting, but now that the MCU is making kino TV, that window has closed.

A decent movie would be nice but if they're all standalone and unconnected, we'll just get what we have now which is intermittent hits and bombs.

Honestly, imagine a GoT-budget grimdark Gotham TV show. I'd watch that, but DC execs want money not quality.

>I just recall it getting worse and worse until I couldn't watch it anymore.
This is called "aging," user.

DC has a better animation division, the tv shows are low budget crapola

Attached: jla.jpg (960x540, 99.42K)

>MCU is making kino TV
All marvel shows were absolute garbage though, less popular and succesful than fucking euphoria and quite frankly also worse overall.
>A decent movie would be nice but if they're all standalone and unconnected, we'll just get what we have now which is intermittent hits and bombs.
That's a good thing though, I'd rather have the odd actually good film like joker or TDK and than the constant barrage of feces that was the DCEU or the MCU will ever be

>but their cartoons are good
oof.

>less popular and succesful than fucking euphoria

Attached: stop.png (500x397, 100.41K)

>incel: the post

>they don't know
OOF
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=euphoria,mandalorian,loki,wandavision,/g/11qpsdzw80

They didn’t stick with the plan.

>the show with tits and rape has more ratings than a Disney+ show
okay, but the disney+ show has more legs, euphoria fans were already starting to turn on it after last season

>hard R-Rated show is absolutely destroying every single PG13 marvel and star wars show
You're right it's even more embarrassing than I thought for disney, good point
>okay, but the disney+ show has more legs, euphoria fans were already starting to turn on it after last season
Considering the fanbase seemed to multiply by 5 from season 1 to season 2 I think you're coping there

while the shows are different, it's like The Boys in that what was shocking about season one gets rote and boring over time.

Regardless, "Show A is bad because it has smaller ratings than Show B" is an intensely stupid argument.