Can we have a genuine discussion about this film? What went wrong? What went right? Did it deserve to flip twice?

Can we have a genuine discussion about this film? What went wrong? What went right? Did it deserve to flip twice?

Attached: Morbius_(film)_poster.jpg (220x326, 17.87K)

It's genuinely a bad film being turned into a meme pretending it's le good by redditfags and star wars prequel trannies.

The double flop from Sony thinking the memes brought actual interest in people buying tickets is this film's greatest accomplishment.

I can't speak for the others, but i can't fucking stand Leto. I don't understand why some people may like him, but to me he looks like a douche void of any charisma.

I never intended to watch this movie because I wasn't interested in the character at all but everyone saying how bad it is makes me want to see it now just to see what's so bad about it. Was that the plan all along?

it went wrong because sony has no idea what they have and only look at ip

say whatever you want about the MCU, they at least try to build to an avengers movie, sony is putting the cart before the horse

the only reason venom made money is because venomfags. kraven will also flop

His best role was Thin Red Line where he chews gum and then gets him and two other guys shot.

morbin

The premise is ~fine~, the pacing is fucked, the writing is one step away from mediocre into cringe territory. Jared Leto and Cumsnatch did give good performances tho, the script was shit tho. The morb vision special effects were good.

There's really not enough of Morb using his powers to do anything really. The final fight especially was cringe

>trying to turn villains into heroes

Sony will never learn

I watched it last night and was okay with it up until the Vulture shoehorned in. WTF Sony, this isn't how you start a Cinematic Universe.

>this isn't how you start a Cinematic Universe
They're taking advice from Hack Snyder

what's there to discuss? It's a really basic origin story that Edward Norton's Hulk film did entirely in the opening credits.

lmao

They got a hit with Venom, so Sony in their infinite wisdom, thought people would actually care about some Z-lister Spider-Man villain no one knows or cares a great deal about. The thing is, most Spider-Man villains are only interesting when paired up with fucking Spider-Man.

But I'm sure the Kraven the Hunter movie will do fine. Hopefully we'll get a Shocker movie next.

Attached: Kraven 1.jpg (544x680, 71.7K)

>morb kills 8 people
err they were bad teehee (also why does he need 8 douchebags with machine guns for a medical experiment?)
>not getting blood brings back his super aids and causes his powers to wane,
but when he's hungry he can still morb and pose a danger to civilians???
>can control bats but evil morb cant
wtf

it's a genuine chore to watch dripping with the all too well known SONY EXECUTIVE ADDERAL FUELED BUZZWORD scenes. For example I can tell how a scene was put in the movie and the email verbatim from having made the mistake of morbing out in theatres

>"jessica i was thinking what if like theres a dance scene where the villain guy is like he's all juiced up right like he used to be sick but now like hes fucking sick ha ha get it? and then like hes roaring while he changes we show his abs he flexes and like his face goes like half vampire that would be sick. make it happen im getting on a plane to the rebull event where we need to push the new sony pride logo. oh yeah find a song about sex or having sex or doing sex. then make him like he does the half vampire face in tune to the song saying the word sex. what do you think about that haha ;) ill be back in office next week so wear that dress i like thanks cya."

the whole movie is filled with scenes that will make you say nigga please really?

It is bad. I went to see it thinking it was something like Venom, which i enjoyed a lot but it was trash. That other alien movie the director did is also trash so i don't know what i was expecting

>Milo is an insane sociopath because a bunch of greek schoolboys bullied him 25 years ago

it wasn't even bad. it was just boring.

it's a dogshit movie that got memed because "morb" is fun to say. not much more complicated than that.

HAVE SEX

ECKS DEE

Spider man's villains are no Batman tier, absolutely none of them can carry a movie on their own (Tom Hardy Venom is not the character from the comics), and even among Batmans gallery only the Joker can really pull it off. Nobody is clamoring for the two hour Poison Ivy origin story
Shocker is a bank robber who jobs every chance he gets, he's a lead in to a real villain even in a 30 minute cartoon episode. Morbius isn't much better.

Why didn't they do another Blade movie instead of this faggy side character?

No one has actually seen the thing, isn’t that half of what even started the meme?