Are any of the pirates of the Caribbean movies actually good?

Are any of the pirates of the Caribbean movies actually good?

Attached: 1FE92ADF-B441-4603-B9B7-F85E1B8F73E9.jpg (739x415, 48.26K)

The first one is.

That's up to you to decide for yourself, user.

No.

i stand by 1-3 are an 8/10 trilogy

i enjoyed the first 3
didn't see 4 or 5
they are fun little adventure flicks

Every one after the first has some really kino parts and some really boring parts

I concur

This is true. 1 is a classic. 2 is great. 3 is a slog but necessary watch to finish the story started in 2.
4 has its moments, it's not as lore thick as 3 but is skippable.
5 is a mess.

First one is a timeless classic, then you have 5 hours of a crappy "love" triangle and dragged out nonsensical shit up until the ending of 3.
4 and 5 are completely forgettable.
After Pearl the creators apparently forgot what made it great and focused on Jack being a le drunken random krazy wacko.

The first one is a prefect flick. The others are good too but get a boast from the aera of the first

1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is not quite as good but still worth a watch, 4 is decent but clrealy on a lower level, 5 is shit

The love triangle was forced and shitty.

>1 is good, 2 is better
No

>love triangle
Fuck off with your polyphobia already.

this is what happens when you try to make a trilogy and whole "universe" out of a 1960's boat ride. They did well with the first one, but clearly ran of gas and werent sure where to go...since there wasnt any story/lore to depcit. They just made up a bunch of shit.

no. they are boring childrens shlock
they are good for family to watch together if you have kids. Dont expect anything good tho

Was it originally planned as a trilogy? Felt like PotC got the Matrix treatment where they struck gold with the first one, then shat out a second movie ending on a cliffhanger that only serves as padding and then some more crap until "grand finale" in the third movie.

Dunno, your point about it being similar to the Matrix is probably accurate. But knowing Disney, they probably had plans on plans for different outcomes

yes

They all felt excruciatingly long
First one was okay though . You might enjoy the rest
Depp beats his wife

/thread