/cine/

Thread for discussion of anything that isn't a modern blockbuster, capeshit, soiwars, or cartoon

What have you been watching lately? I watched the 1935 version of Mutiny on the Bounty the other day, and it was boatkino

Attached: ddQh9bO0k4ACphMbqgcAfZwNoO1.jpg (1920x1080, 209.12K)

I've been meaning to watch this. How does it compare to Master and Commander on the boatkino scale?

I'm not sure. I still need to watch Master and Commander. Mutiny on the Bounty was kino though. Plus it had qt island girls

Attached: 75.jpg (462x587, 74.12K)

>I'm not sure. I still need to watch Master and Commander.
You need to remedy that immediately

I know. I'll get to it eventually. I have too many films I need to watch first

It's more exciting, and more authentic because they had real boats and real sailors not far removed from the 19th century. Master and Commander has a unique vibe though, pure Weir kino. It's hard to say which is better. The 1962 version is my favorite.

I've been watching some Hitchcock and Ford lately. I watched The Man Who Knew Too Much, The Whole Town's Talking, The Informer, and The 39 Steps. All very good. The Whole Town's Talking was probably my favorite of the bunch

Thanks
>The 1962 version is my favorite.
>has Marlon Brando as Fletcher Christian
I need to watch this one as well

I'm sure you've already seen it since you're watching some of the more obscure Hitchcock films, but if you haven't, I would highly recommend Rear Window. Easily my favorite Hitchcock, and one of my favorite films from the 1950s

critics shitted it at the time because muh brando meme, but it has the best Bligh and Christian, and the most technical sailing.

>Thread for discussion of anything that isn't a modern blockbuster, capeshit, soiwars, or cartoon
watch Hard Boiled

Attached: hard_boiled_poster.jpg (1118x1600, 359.68K)

>critics shitted it at the time because muh brando meme
that's retarded
>but it has the best Bligh and Christian, and the most technical sailing.
sounds kino. will definitely check it out now
>that hospital shootout
absolute action kino. why don't they make films like this anymore?

the Hong Kong film industry died when China took over and films like Hard Boiled died with it

bump

watch this

Attached: Boy+and+His+Dog,+A.jpg (580x891, 84.25K)

How do you define modern? Can we talk about Jurassic Park here?

>How do you define modern?
Past decade or so. Feel free to discuss Jurassic Park. It's great

ded

Watched Hang em High last night and Cromwell last week

I haven't seen either of those. Would you recommend them?

Definitely would recommend Hang em, if youre into Clint Eastwood, the pace is not bad also. Cromwell was a not bad movie also, has a religious tone to it. Might be good to have in the background.

I like both Clint Eastwood films and films with a religious tone to them, so I will definitely check them out

Watched this for the smallpox outbreak plot, loved it for the character drama

Attached: 723504.jpg (600x850, 159.01K)

I finally viewed Master and Commander last night. I choose the lesser of two weevils.

>Watched this for the smallpox outbreak plot
Because of the monkeypox or just for fun?