What the fuck happened to the CGI industry?

youtube.com/watch?v=LUkPBW-C4vI

No, seriously. What the fuck happened? This was 16 years ago. I can only think of two movies released in the last 16 years with CGI even coming close to this, and it was the last two Planet of the Apes movies. Even the new Avatar looks like a Crysis tech demo.

Attached: Davy-Jones-POTC-featured.jpg (1200x676, 297.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yxyST-egCD8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Apparently the issue is that everyone is overworked, tired and on the verge of death. You can't put out your best work like this.

>do you fear... death-a ?

>Apparently the issue is that everyone is overworked, tired and on the verge of death.
so they're lazy, why didn't you just say so

I love Davy

Wasn’t Davy Jones created at ILM?

All CGI today is outsourced to Korea and India. And the retards watching capeshit don’t seem to care anyway.

all as a result of cost cutting, with reduced staff and trimmed schedules until you're running a permanent ghost crew that's just barely able to put out a billable product.

>ven the new Avatar looks like a Crysis tech demo.
Is this what butthurt haters actually believe?

Cry more.

This has been an issue in the gaming industry as well. Yet, when you crunch the fuck out of people they do put out amazing work if they're well managed. Rockstar has an amazing output when it comes to the quality of their games. Same as Naughty Dog. Sure, you might disagree that the story is dogshit but the games do look amazing.
I think this is most likely the case, there is a serious case of Hollywood accounting going on. These movies with overblown budgets that have shit CGI. Where is the money going? Are they pocketing these millions of dollars that could be used to pay actually good artists and instead just get Indian and Koreans to do it dirt cheap? That seems to be my bet.
It was impressive as all fuck in 2009, don't get me wrong, but I can't really see much improvement. Which I guess is as much as you can ask these days, that instead of a downgrade it would stay constant.

Well there is this: Also
>1 studio with 1 or 2 support studios having more time to handcraft effect shots
vs
>10 studios with 30 support studios having to coordinate an equal baseline of quality between all studios and create more or less a full CGI movie with greenscreened actors in a faster timeframe than before.
Gee, I wonder what happened?

Davy Jones arrived at a time when technology was reaching new heights, but CGI was still being used responsibly, as a tool rather than as a crutch. Bill Nighy was in a mo-cap suit, surrounded by real actors on real sets. Modern blockbusters use CGI on top of CGI on top of CGI etc.

>and it was the last two Planet of the Apes movies
Based.
Apeshit > Capeshit

Nobody really cared about how good the CGI was back then, now people are praising shit like this as if it's some kind of visual masterpiece

Attached: 1652791586168.png (1868x940, 1.81M)

I remember seeing an interview of Bill saying how he wasn't really enthusiastic about the process, and how he just did it by constantly thinking about the money. Yet, he still delivered a more iconic performance than so call method actors.

Thanos is better than this. Thanos has better cgi than this
Why don't you guys talk about it? why don't you guys talk about how good the cgi for thanos was? Because it's the mcu and disney and kike shit?
Do you guys just hate things like women so much that you can't think critically about anything? you just hate and love stuff, like some 13 year old girl?
Thanos had better cgi than anything we have seen prior. the scene where he is screaming after they almost capture him, best cgi we have ever gotten.
Why do you guys circle jerk over the same shit everyday but don't acknowledge other things? why are you guys so biased? Dead mans chest did not have the best cgi ever. It was very good but it isn't the best. There are other movies that have better cgi
Why is Any Forums like this?

Attached: Waltuuuhhhh.jpg (550x1001, 56.35K)

>only think of two movies released in the last 16 years with CGI even coming close to this
youtube.com/watch?v=yxyST-egCD8

>Rockstar has an amazing output when it comes to the quality of their games.
Such a retarded post deserves a permanent ban

Attached: 51AAED51-77FC-49FB-99EE-50C960F013E0.png (480x800, 309K)

Rango Sequel never

Attached: images (31).jpg (739x415, 13.62K)

they don’t do CGI in house anymore and it’s all outsourced to chinks and poos realized they can halfass the cgi and people will still see it anyway

Good morning sir this is Thronahoptamurdinghophor CGI how may I direct your order? 1 Super Heroing yes sir

People work and try harder when working on ground breaking technology, solving fresh problems. It's a large part of why the early Pixar films are so damn good too, when you have to invent completely new tech to get the film to screen everyone has to step up their game.

What game is that?

Thanos looks stupid and fake like a Dr Who Sontaran. He looks like 2009 kids movie. Comic books are for faggots

It won the fucking visual effects oscar, that should tell you how low we've fallen.

Attached: Lawrence was better.jpg (1920x1080, 201.36K)

Looks like that mod map tatooine in empire at war.

Attached: DS41.jpg (1627x951, 196.09K)

>Such a retarded post deserves a permanent ban
ok phoneposter fag
RDR2 literally is the highest quality game in terms of attention to detail and graphics in recent history
>inb4 gta remastered was shit
not developed by rockstar

No he didn't. the cgi was the best we have seen. Why do you just lie like that? Why do you lie?
you're so fucking stupid and can't actually form a good argument. Thanos had cgi that was miles better than what you see in pirate movies. Why are you guys like this? Just constant bullshit and circle jerking.

Nice tantrum, retard

People just wants to fit in, even when anonymous. MCU is derided (for good reason) so the followers thinks everything within is bad because they think that will make them fit in.

Making money is unironically more important than appealing to your autistic senses. Business is an art.

cgi crybabies are the worst
practical effects are just as obvious and fake as CG but you wankers gotta holla every time there's a cg effect like you just found waldo and want a gold star

outsourcing