Why do zoomers revere this series?

Watched a couple of movies and it's just a shitty version of Malcolm in the Middle.

Attached: DiaryOfAWimpyKid.jpg (1379x2048, 461.07K)

Zoomers are all sociopaths so they can relate to the main character

It's actually a well done children's movie series with actual edge and jokes that aren't all poo poo pee pee related. That and the characters are actually defining considering what they're adapted from. Plus the guy who played Roderick was kino and I also wanted to fuck Heather Hills.

I'm 21 btw.

>it's just a shitty version of Malcolm in the Middle
There's your answer

The movies sucked but everyone I knew read and enjoyed the books.
>t. born 2002

Where do you guys see the Malcolm in the Middle comparisons? The parents are competent none of the children except maybe for Greg are stupid and zany

>Plus the guy who played Roderick was kino
Rodrick was the first crush of millions of Zoomer girls and led to their current obsession with Millennial guys. So much so that when the Millennial actor was replaced by a zoomer, they were all repulsed.

Attached: dc8ce79119a57cf1ee9b893059908634.jpg (690x414, 29.19K)

They were repulsed cause he was ugly. I don't know why they chose him. Would have killed my acting aspiration right there

Yeah, I know. Sorry, just messin with ya zoomerbro

It's all gucci slime fr fr

this, every early 00s zoomer kid has read the series

Rodrick Rules > Dog Days > First Movie >>>>>>>>>>> whatever the fuck else that reboot was

I’m a zoomer and it was always just a mediocre series to me. Something I watched when they came out and hadn’t thought about since (besides maybe Chloe Moretz)

This was the first big thing I noticed that I was truly too old to like so the fandom was baffling. It'll happen to you zoomers...or already has for the oldest of you?

It's similar in spirit. A boy and his family get into cringey situations.

>hadn’t thought about since (besides maybe Chloe Moretz)
Are you keeping up with her?

Attached: 1653776161198.jpg (1908x1146, 663.71K)

>It's similar in spirit. A boy and his family get into cringey situations.
That's just generic boys/ teenager media. Malcolm in the Middle doesn't own that.
Malcolm in the Middle's big twist on that format was that the whole family was fucked up while other tellings of coming-of-age stories usually have some redeeming qualities to their characters. I don't think Diary of a Wimpy Kid fits into that Malcolm in the Middle category.

What's wrong with thhe MC?

>or already has for the oldest of you?
Yes and thank god for that

Hi Mumkey, when’s the next Wheel of Cursed Meals coming out?

The first two movies are pure kino, especially the second one because Rodrick is really good in it.

They also happen to be very accurate to the books for the most part.

Attached: 347682-1609606777.jpg (640x359, 30.05K)

Well, I never said MITM started it or that DOAWK copied them. Just that Malcolm did it better

It's their version of Doug.

Attached: 5eeacb2a87b7ae0aad02a624f5ae97bd1d60dee46a6fdc84e7b6327efc2b4b81._RI_.jpg (1920x1080, 845.18K)