Why?

Why do they destroy the og aesthetics by casting people who are wrong for the character?
And why do retards lie and pretend it’s all good?

Attached: 06B8FF08-47D2-4DD8-A0F6-2940BBC5E8FC.jpg (931x1216, 206.36K)

Neil Gaimen is on board

disgusting
non white people was a mistake

look at his little fucking baby sized mouth

you know why

Attached: file.png (419x420, 52.61K)

1. Translating aesthetics from one medium to another is really difficult and easy to butcher. Look at live action anime films, they're often goofy.

2. Nobody wants to spend years of their life recreating someone else's work. An artistic piece can be respectful to its predecessors while still allowing the new creators their own space for expression. It doesn't harm the pre-existing work and if anything, motivates more people to engage with it so it's not forgotten.

3. Casting good actors that are fun to work with counts for more than casting somebody that just looks a lot like the person.

*were

The Endless can be black. Dream was black and lusted after black chicks. At least they're keeping Death a goth girl.

thanks
I am non white too lmao

at least its some wmbf now and shes kinda attractive

>Any Forumsposter
we know

Neil Gayman hasn’t written anything worthwhile in decades and is actively and publicly cucked by his dyke punk rock wife. His being ‘on board’ should be treated as a guarantee of it being absolute unwatchable woke shit.

>At least they're keeping Death a goth girl.
I don't see anything goth about the black girl in the OP pic

>it's absolutely PERFECT

Attached: 1654600121912.jpg (630x630, 36.44K)

>licking the money
Of course, he’s on board.

Black people exist. PoC exist. You need to get over it. You need get a life. You need to stop being so fragile and accept that you do not own this country or world. Every single time your kind tries to take over you always fail every single time. I know it makes you angry and you are welcome to try again and we will happily put you back in your place, again.

>Some faggot on Any Forums should have more control over an IP than its literal creator

get a job you entitled dork

Attached: 1654600260616.png (600x840, 164.58K)

>we will happily put you back in your place, again
Only other white people have ever been capable of this. Not some uncivilized ooga booga man.

She's literally wearing the same exact outfit as comic book Death, she's gonna be a goth

Attached: 1654531192909.jpg (600x375, 33.92K)

>Translating aesthetics from one medium to another is really difficult and easy to butcher.
when done purposefully like in pic related, yes.
>Nobody wants to spend years of their life recreating someone else's work.
then make your own work.
>Casting good actors that are fun to work with counts for more than casting somebody that just looks a lot like the person.
it helps but acting is a job and looking like the character is important.

>only white people stopped white people from dominating the world but we'll show you!!!!

hack

Get cancer.

Shouldn’t they be painted white. It’s not like either had Caucasian skin tone in the comics

>White people exist. Straight peoplr exist. You need to get over it. You need get a life. You need to stop being so fragile and accept that you do not own this country or world. Every single time your kind tries to take over you always fail every single time. I know it makes you angry and you are welcome to try again and we will happily put you back in your place, again.

>Translating aesthetics from one medium to another is really difficult and easy to butcher. Look at live action anime films, they're often goofy.
Yup, especially when you intentionally don’t translate it correctly.
>Nobody wants to spend years of their life recreating someone else's work. An artistic piece can be respectful to its predecessors while still allowing the new creators their own space for expression. It doesn't harm the pre-existing work and if anything, motivates more people to engage with it so it's not forgotten.
Yup, sounds like those people should work on making something of their own then instead of rehashing some has-been’s previous successes.
>Casting good actors that are fun to work with counts for more than casting somebody that just looks a lot like the person.
Disingenuous and tortured logic, just admit you worship niggers and love having them take White roles.

The only bad casting for Sandman is Gwendoline Christie as Lucifer

im glad this sell out cuck is getting all of his works destroyed

Attached: neil gaiman pre-paycheck.jpg (584x713, 51.86K)

I don't mind black women in my movies as long as they are hot.

>we will happily put you back in your place, again.

Attached: file.png (960x720, 611.13K)

i mean on one hand you are absolutely right and great dubs
on the other hand, shutup and gib big tt ebony goth gf

Attached: thiscouldbeusbutyoubeuponallofthatoldbullshit.png (430x670, 455.21K)

The clothes are indeed the same but comic book death had (originally) goth hair, black lipstic on pale skin resembled the traditional goth makeup. TV show death doesn't have goth makeup and has regular black girl hair. They unironically should have tried a bit more to make her look goth

Attached: 9PEbiAeNXhOyEVkedJJXCPvoQQn.jpg (845x1268, 168.88K)

then it wouldn't be a BLACK PERSON so what's the point of them doing it?

Great, another WMBF couple. Just great. Y'all mfs are fucking OBSESSED with that pairing, why don't you get your own damn women? Black women should be with Black men. I'm sick of you mayos and your Hollywood big shots casting Black women as the sexual interests of white men in EVERY damn show and movie.

>when done purposefully like in pic related
It looks like they're coming up with their own style that's influenced by the original work but also their own
>then make your own work.
All works extend on what came before them.
>it helps but acting is a job and looking like the character is important.
Men used to play women in Shakespearean plays. You can find portrayals of Hamlet in Tokyo. Everybody makes a character their own in some way.
All translations are going to be incorrect because the medium is fundamentally different. That's why creators should aim for adaptations.
>sounds like those people should work on making something of their own
This is their own. They're extending someone else's work.
>just admit you worship niggers and love having them take White roles
I'm fine with white people playing ethnic roles. Yul Brynner made an entire career out of it and he's far more memorable as the King of Siam than some Thai dude.

It's unfortunate that affirmative action discredits the merits off all POC. And so does the near constant barrage of anti white rhetoric from people who support such casting decisions. Also the gaslighting and double standards makes me dislike seeing any minority in a leading role.