Sigma Female Movies

A while ago I went on a journey of watching so called "Sigma Male" movies to identify recurring themes to properly define the "Genre"
So far I have watched
American Psycho, Drive, Fight Club, Nightcrawler, Joker, Taxi Driver, Bladerunner, and Falling Down.

I have identified the recurring themes as follows
Social Difficulty (Either voluntary or involuntary)
Mental Illness (Depression, Autism, Psychopathy, NPD, etc)
And the events of the film typically follow this characters breaking point, or the events leading up to their breaking point.

Now, all this said I have decided to go on another quest, and attempt to find a sigma female movie. Keep in mind I know NOTHING about womens movies.
I started with Mean Girls and it was not at all what I expected and did not fit the bill.
On the list for me to watch are; Legally blonde, Jennifers Body, Anna Karenina, and The Babadook

Does anyone else have more recommendations to put on the list?

Attached: lou.jpg (284x284, 30.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cWsblDwufDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

side note, would this qualify God Bless America as a sigma male movie?

I still don't know what the fuck sigma means unironically, but following the criteria you've listed here, about a socially maladjusted/mentally ill (narcissistic/psychopathic) female reaching a breaking point, there's not many but: Gone Girl, Ginger Snaps, Repulsion, Carrie, Mulholland Drive, The Last Seduction, Thriller: A Cruel Picture (1973), Kokuhaku, Triangle (sorta), Raw, Black Swan, The Love Witch, Under The Skin, Like Me (2017), Kawaki (2014), Darling (2015), The Loved Ones, Helter Skelter (2012). pic related is I, Olga Hepnarova, which is about as close to a Joker/Taxi Driver as you're gonna get with a female. by your definition, she's sigma as fuck.

Attached: 545454545.png (676x955, 421.15K)

>I
>I
>I
>Me
>My

Yeah, research, sure, uh huh

Perfect! I will be sure to watch literally all of these. Thank you very much.

Fitting the genre aside, which of those would you say is your favorite?

I didn't say this was anything academic or official. Just an interest.

Not that guy, but he does have a good list there. Highly recommend in particular Gone Girl, Raw, Black Swan, The Loved Ones.
Some others that he didnt list are Girl Interrupted, The Rage: Carrie 2, Woodshock, and The Neon Demon

Whoops, meant to reply to you.

Not that guy, but he does have a good list there. Highly recommend in particular Gone Girl, Raw, Black Swan, The Loved Ones.
Some others that he didnt list are Girl Interrupted, The Rage: Carrie 2, Woodshock, and The Neon Demon

I wish I could recommend a good one but nothing is coming to mind right now. Closest I can think of is Death Proof. It's not really focused on one single female character so it doesn't perfectly fit but I think you may still find parts of it relevant to what you're looking for. It's a great film anyway so hope you enjoy

Attached: R (1).jpg (570x775, 150.82K)

Cringe thread, OP we used to make an example out of your kind before the site got overrun by cringe.

Antichrist by Lars Von Trier. Be warned his films are very intense and this one in particular has some gruesome shit

Attached: R (2).jpg (436x598, 53.89K)

There was never a time when this site wasn't cringe. Cringe has changed and you don't like what it looks like now.

In short, eat my ass.

Tragedy Girls.

Poop

Fuck off the Crystal Cafe, roastie

Believe it or not, I'm a dude.

May (2002) is a good one that fits in with those

Attached: 884411375394568cfa02fba8b755085e.jpg (480x720, 46.49K)

Christine (2016)

Basically a female Nightcrawler.

Attached: 1476742770755.jpg (1280x720, 71.25K)

The Piano Teacher is peak femcelcore.

Gone girl is the sigma female movie. The weird girls are putting main girl as their avatar on social media and writing long posts about how she did nothing wrong.
Other notable example is Promising Young Woman.
There has been a real sigma woman moment on the latest episode of Barry. Dayeneris Targaryen was planned to be that but execution sucked.
Carrie fits all of your criteria.
Ingrid Goes West is another one of those movies, I really liked that one.
youtu.be/cWsblDwufDE
Hope I helped.

Just watched this trailer. Seems like it fits the bill from that.

So, my list is as follows thanks to all of you, and I'm sure my friends are going to LOVE me subjecting them to all this on our daily movie nights.

Gone Girl
Ginger Snaps
Repulsion
Carrie
The Rage: Carrie 2
Mulholland Drive
The Last Seduction
Thriller: A Cruel Picture (1973)
Kokuhaku
Triangle
Raw
Black Swan