Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

What does Any Forums think of this classic horror kino? Is it still as edgy as it once was?

Attached: MV5BNzEzZGJkMDUtZjZjYi00MjBmLWFlZDMtMDU5NzVmOTBiZjJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODc0OTEyNDU@._V1_.jpg (506x720, 91.04K)

don't care about how "edgy" it was or if it's still as "edgy" today but the message definitely still stands up.

Attached: cannibalholocaust_5.jpg (1912x1010, 302.09K)

edgy garbage. knowing shit like this exists just makes me wonder how did mentally ill men like this get to direct movies. did everyone around him just go with it?

Idk to me it's like Salo or vomit slaughter dolls. You can say it's some great masterpiece that challenges mainstream cinema all you want but at the end of the day the directors are like the weird kid at the back of the class that think live leak videos are peak comedy.
Holocaust was cool tho because of how it trolled the media

great pause n toss flick

>I don't know what I'm talking about so let me pull some shit out my ass
The guy that directed this mostly directed cowboy/detective movies.

What's the message

The noble savage is a myth and civilized man is just as depraved.

I tried to watch several Deodatto movies and I noticed that he is very perverted

Perverted or just Italian?

Pretty much every 70s/80s Italian director is.

It's interesting as a historical artifact and not much else. I still get a laugh from people who don't bat an eyelid at all the cannibalism and rape etc but lose their shit at the turtle slaughter.

Turtles are based

>Idk to me it's like Salo
it absolutely isnt. original men from the deep river were actual savage kino comming from tradition of good ol mondo flicks and used legitimate tribal rituals. Along with CH it was a reaction against hippie atitude of noble savages an le pure primitive man. There was a couple of pure exploitation ones, like women from deep river (cannibal ferox) a or mountain of cannibal god.
Bloody amazon is also a kino. Again it delves into primitive rituals and a society we cannot really understand, even if as a movie its pretty weak.
Eaten alive is funny af and was mode 2 years after the jonestown, so thats pretty amazing for exploitation film, but you can clearly see the "italian" staples like stolen photage from older movies or random cuts to animals eating each other because le edgy. But man that invented movie about jones town among cannibals is a genius..
Zombi holocaust is pure funny schlock and ending doesnt make any sense at all. Bonus points for zombi+cannibals. Its an essence of italian film making. Also the leading girl is very pretty.
tldr cannibal movies are kino, you are faggot and passolini was gay pedo jew

Ok?

also green inferno despite being made by faggot eli roth is also kino. It not only shows barbaric ritual of female circumsion, which is areal and disgusting but this time it conronts the very primitive loving hippies with the brutality of savage man. even if eli roth is tone deaf jew, he got the message on point including the hippies defending their abusers in the end.

I wonder who the real cannibals are.

so you watched a shitty youtuber talk about a disturbing movie 'iceberg' and then repeated his opinion

The ones we met along the way

This isn't anywhere near as bad as Salo. I think that tops the list as far as edgy films go. They didn't even pick teen-looking actors for that movie. They just straight up used minors.

its the curse of eternal midwit. if i dont understand something, it must mean the author was either stupid insane or it was his fetish

You don't have to be mentally ill at all to make cinema like this. Just Italian.
Jokes aside, a creative vision is a creative vision. You don't have to be mentally ill to make a disturbing movie.

That the rich kids making the documentary are just as savage (if not more) than the cannibal tribes.
Hence
>"I wonder who the real cannibals are" line

>I still get a laugh from people who don't bat an eyelid at all the cannibalism and rape etc but lose their shit at the turtle slaughter.
Probably has something to do with cannibalism and rape being fictional and turtle slaughter real

Weren't the animal killings totally real and not gore effects?