Crimes of the Future

>6 people in the theatre including me and friends
>2 walk out, other dude drifts in and out of sleep but oftens laughs/grimaces at the violence/sexy stuff
>me and my friends came out of it feeling exactly the same: mixed.

I really think that the advertising did this movie dirty. They really tried to make this movie look like it was a next gruesome step in the Cronenberg canon but it was more like a noir/reflection on his entire filmography where the main character is an artist in a changing world and what it means to suffer for your art. While I appreciate the message, I do think that because of the edit or the lack of backround information makes it a really rough watch at times. There's several points where the characters are throwing around all these weird teams and groups of art-people without context and a lot of the sound design makes a lot of it ROUGH to pick up on. There's several moments and characters who'll just chat away and you've got to hope to god you can pick up on it. Not to mention it builds to this huge climax and this character making a certain choice and then it just kinda...ends? I really do think it could have benefitted from a better edit/ or even if it was a novel or series. I like the concept of this movie more than the actual execution. Performances were great, (Lea bares her torpedos once again), the score was great, and it was decently short, but I really can't recommend the film to anybody but diehards or like art scene people. Idk, kind of a let down.

What did ya'll think Any Forums?

Attached: 818C5FF6-01BC-49C8-93D0-A8DB8B406463.jpg (1125x1500, 609.89K)

i think cronenberg hasn't made an interesting movie since Crash

I saw it drunk and couldn't follow a fucking bit of it

>where the main character is an artist in a changing world and what it means to suffer for your art
Faggot movie, got it, thank you OP

>me and my friends

It is a weak film, but its comfy to see these naked women and viggo walking around in his ninja outfit.

>it was more like a noir/reflection on his entire filmography where the main character is an artist in a changing world and what it means to suffer for your art.

amazingly you just made me want to see it, not that it has a UK release date yet.
I was thinking it was a "remember cronenburg??" attempt to cash in by making something that looks like his earlier films, but this sounds actually worthwhile.

>suffer for your art
What a fucking meme lmao. More like everyone around you suffers while you insist no one gets it but once they do... ya you'll have made it

I liked maps to the stars. he should've went out on that.

most people are motivated to conform to societies expectations so as to avoid suffering. successful artists get rewarded for not doing that, so I guess it looks like no suffering is involved? idk.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly.

T. Consoomer pleb

Go watch some marvel

>reflection on his own filmography
i’m going to fucking murder the next person I hear say this about a movie

fucking captcha knows i’ve been playing Morrowind all day too wtf

one of the only things I’m still wondering about is who those two dyke mechanics were doing hits on behalf of.

forgot pic

Attached: EDB38CFC-EA64-4E67-9284-DAB735069185.jpg (998x986, 394.03K)

>filters normies
That's all I needed to hear!

I think it's more festival film than mainstream one

Really? I thought Eastern Promises was kickass, even AHOV is really good performance wise
Being drunk for this movie sounds like a nightmare, sorry user
Not exactly the words I'd use but you're welcome
My friends and I sorry I'm tired
Yeah, it's nothing like his previous work, the only thing it has in common with his other body horror stuff is the weird ass chairs and surgery pods.
Watch the movie maybe and find out!
Sorry? I'm not sure what else you want me to say, it was weirdly self-reflective and even darkly funny at times, or at least that's how it seemed. According to some uou either think Kristen Stewart is in on the joke or the worst part of the movie no in between
Again, this would definitely benefit from a novel even but im p sure they're with the decective, just off the books
That is correct.

Somebody explain the tattoos to me I'm a retard

I straight up couldn't hear shit, but I believe the tattoos were a type of registry code for organs. They seemed to have some sort of biological property though because Tenser mentions the tattoo somehow parasitizing his organ.

The previews and your perspective make it sound like a directors self obsorbed jerkoff fest.
Hard fucking pass.