/trek/

Throbbing Engine Box Edition

previous:

Attached: warp-core-1744512871.gif (368x268, 897.19K)

The gif is a little blurry but I do believe that's carpet.

How is SNW so kino, /trek/bros?

Attached: SNWSchulz.jpg (2048x682, 196.71K)

ENT's insistence on doing things "differently" weakened the franchise. It sucked so it weakened the franchise. It represented aesthetic crypto-reboot so it weakened the franchise. ENT led to JJ Trek.

/trek/ metamorphosis.

carpet is life user

>How is SNW so kino, /trek/bros?
Checked. SNW is made with a sincere desire to make a good show first and foremost. They're not going out of their way to fuck with classic Star Trek or the fans or whatever.

Attached: 1623484549796.jpg (1280x720, 69.96K)

So? It's not a warship. Besides, in an emergency, they can jumpstart the warp core by rubbing their socks on the carpet.

Because your brain rot is so advanced.

'tude

Attached: shush.png (550x555, 393.84K)

Meh. SNW is almost as bad as STD.

atti

Attached: 1653684818162.jpg (900x900, 251.4K)

How much are you being paid?

>ENT led to JJ Trek.
Oh boy! Here we go right off the bat fishing with the same stale ass bait again.

>They're not going out of their way to fuck with classic Star Trek or the fans or whatever.
Maybe not but a frivolous and intentional negligence is hardly much better. Consequentially its the same.

He isn't completely off base. If Enterprise hadn't killed the franchise with serialized plots, then Abrams would never have had the opportunity to fuck its corpse. Instead, they would still be making regular old Trek shows. Might have even pushed to a future generation time.

Maybe, just maybe, more than one user sees the same pattern. Are you willing to contemplate that?

Understated, lets the characters shine.

Attached: ESQ5xqLWsAYY7Ce.jpg (1200x672, 94.61K)

They have a long way to go and it will probably never feel like actual Star Trek but I have to give credit where credit is do. I am enjoying the show so far and feel sorry for people not watching it out of spite and being mad at Star Wars at the same time. I dunno. At some point you just have to set reasonable expectations: entertain me and don't intentionally try to offend me. I'm not entitled to a show that's "for me" but I also don't have to watch it.

Attached: 1652132146316.png (894x794, 629.99K)

>even the plebbit artists "fix" ortegas' hair in their cartoons

yeah, SNW fucked up

This is how academics say "meh".

Based security chief keeping ensigns in their place and not letting them have self esteem-related panic attacks on the bridge

Attached: 1654210900981.png (848x908, 882.34K)

>The new Spock

>he thinks grey and beige weren't just the prevailing color palettes in professional settings back then
If you think that's subtle and understated then I can point you to a half a dozen dentist's waiting rooms you'd adore.

>If Enterprise hadn't killed the franchise
I don't think that's accurate or fair. The franchise was already dying(/dead by some metrics) and ENT just didn't miraciously save/revive it. That may not be an important distinction to you (which would be fine) but it is to me.
>then Abrams would never have had the opportunity to fuck its corpse
This line of reasoning is rather overly reductive. By it we could easily say: Ghengis Khan lead to the iphone. While that is technicaly true, it doesn't really help us understand anything about the relationship between the the subjects.
>Instead, they would still be making regular old Trek shows. Might have even pushed to a future generation time.
This is just baseless speculaction as far as I am aware. I don't have anything against it but neither do I have anything to suppport it. Besides, its not really important to the topic at hand, is it?

Sure. Which is why I never said it was the same person. Self-reflect with your own critique.

Why are you replying to me if nothing you say is actually in response to what I said?

>it will probably never feel like actual Star Trek
The actual glaring reason for this is because it's shot on digital instead of film, but most anons aren't smart enough to articulate that and nitpick instead. Unfortunately that's something we can't escape in this day and age.