Show from the 1960s is in bluray

>show from the 1960s is in bluray

Is it an AI upscale or what?

Attached: 1633152206131.png (1440x1080, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

rarbg(DOT)to/torrent/wr9xj2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Beginner question but i’ll give you a real answer. When stuff is shot on film the resolution ceiling is actually fairly high. All they had to do was rescan the film to a 2K or 4K master. This isn’t an upscale, it’s a rescan of the original negatives.

some shows were shot on film then the film was played into a camera for broadcast. you can see film grain here

Thanks friends

Attached: 1651646567390.jpg (1440x1080, 285.99K)

whoops forgot to quote you too I wonder if the twilight zone is in blu ray too

even poor film can be scanned to stupidly high resolution, greedy hacks jumped ship to digital and have burdened future generations with decades of flat 480p footage

It is and it’s beautiful.

ironically shows from before 1970 were generally shot on 35mm film (it was all they had) and look great today while later TV shows from the 70s and 80s that were done on video look like crap.

Attached: x1080.jpg (1423x1080, 124.94K)

and Andy Griffith has one of the best releases I've seen. It's amazing quality especially in the later seasons and comfy as hell

Awesome, I've been into the show since I was a teen and I'm only in my twenties now.

Quick question, the episode in the OP is 2 gigabytes but The Twilight Zone ones I can find are around 500 mb per, is it because it's older film?

Neat, thank you

The Star Wars prequels will always look like shit because Lucas took digital too seriously. Should have all been shot on film.

picrel, also it has black bars for some reason

Attached: 1638491945359.jpg (1920x1080, 194.63K)

the quality will mostly depend on the compression method used by the person who encoded the file

It's not just shooting in digital. DS9 is trapped in garbage resolution because they used tape to do the effects. Other movies are fake 4k because CGI isn't done at 4k resolution

*i said quality, i should have said file size

Pirated rips aren't 1:1 rips from a bluray, there is always some amount of quality degradation for space (uncompressed BD rips are between 25GB and 100GB per disc).

I have the Twilight Zone blurays. They are nice. There are 5 episodes on season 2 that were filmed with tape instead of film and it shows

Compression rates are different than resolution. You can have 1080p at any file size depending on how you compress it. Download the first episode of each torrent and do a comparison. Sometimes the smaller files are better because they don’t have lossless audio but have a better compression rate

rarbg(DOT)to/torrent/wr9xj2k
Your best bet unless you want to dig for an uncompressed rip or (and i'd recommend this) buy the bluray set for 50$ on Amazon.

reminds me of how people used to shit on flash animation for being low quality in comparison to other methods, and yet you can watch any flash cartoon at any resolution losslessly (if you have the swf file).

Attached: Screenshot at 2022-06-07 00-18-33.png (2880x2160, 997.04K)

Thanks guys
Here's a screenshot from the one I had before I got the bluray Thanks but I got into a tracker today and am all set, I stopped using rarbg for anything under 50 seeders since everyone doesn't really seed anyway

Attached: 1639644059364.jpg (496x368, 37.09K)

>twilight zone
It is. It looks really, really good.