So why is the world a shit hole in Blade Runner despite having never tiring work slaves?

So why is the world a shit hole in Blade Runner despite having never tiring work slaves?

Attached: 1623274143967.jpg (1382x2048, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MABMM301USM189S
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because its post-nuclear war. Its why everybody rocks lead codpieces to keep from going "special".

The same reason why the real world is going to shit, in fact, that exact same world, despite having more advanced technology, that supposedly makes lives easier, than before.

Because resources and power are horded by elites. Just like in real life. It's a quintessential feature of cyberpunk.

>Because its post-nuclear war
OP you retarded nigger how can you miss this plus the environmental catastrophe

The better question is why did BR2049 get such shit posters. It's no wonder the film fucking bombed with promotion like that

World War Terminus devastated much of the Earth, and everybody moved off-world, well almost everybody, the movies fucked that aspect of it up.
The replicants were built to help us live on off-world colonies and aren't meant to be on Earth, that's why they're criminals in the first film, that and the murdering.

>The same reason why the real world is going to shit
You think the real world is going to shit? Why do you think that?
>that supposedly makes lives easier, than before.

Happiness levels are lower, social class gaps are greater. People are poorer. People are working more and making less, and are more stressed and anxious. Suicide rates and drug use rates are higher as well. That said, it doesn't apply to every nation, but most are on that train. The point is that technology has advanced a lot, and we have a lot of new inventions to make life easier, yet the life of most people isn't better than the life most people had 60 years ago.

>Happiness levels are lower, social class gaps are greater. People are poorer. People are working more and making less, and are more stressed and anxious. Suicide rates and drug use rates are higher as well.
You live in the most abundant and prosperous time in history.
>yet the life of most people isn't better than the life most people had 60 years ago.
Why do you think that?

Yes, the film is visually so great, but the poster is just standart generic cast member plus background photoshop that's everywhere nowadays.

Have you not been paying attention? Don't go getting all black pilled but you're in for a rude awakening. I have kids and everything is getting completely out of control.

In the most abundant and prosperous time in history for some, but not for the mayority it seems. I'm just stating the numbers, and not thinking beyond the most obvious of the conclusions, that people seems to be unhappier and having less quality of life than before. I don't have a theory on why people are poorer, unhappier and sicker than before in the most prosperous of times. I'm just living my life. The cyberpunk genre asks those questions.

I see.
Based on your experience you think that all of this is true?

> I'm just stating the numbers,
And what numbers are those?
> don't have a theory on why people are poorer, unhappier and sicker than before in the most prosperous of times.
You assume this is true, but you can you prove it?
The most appalling part of all seems to be this:
>and sicker than before
Just to clarify. Are you saying people are 'sicker' today, then they were 60 years ago?

Because of Ryan Gosling's severe autism

For the most part yeah and even if he was somehow wrong they are trying their hardest to make it worse. In Britain random small villages are getting huge housing projects built solely for migrants for free as their own vets starve on the streets. In the US we were told we couldn't afford a few billion for border security yet we send 48b to Ukraine, not to mention printing like 20 years worth of money in less than 1 year and pretending it will be fine. Also you have every big Corp on boards who talk about buying up assets to "improve" the lives of people so they dont own anything, few counties over from me a guy wearing a skirt assaulted girls at two separate schools and the school board tried covering it up and had the dad of one of the girls arrested when he got angry and the newspaper called him a terrorist. Stuff like that and x1000 more things. About to go to bed.

Thats what happens when mega corporations go to war.
Think Tyrell corp vs Weyland-Yutani

Aren't all the people that could afford it living on the unspoiled off-world colonies and earth is just a burnt out industrial zone for slaves and poors?

Climate change got so bad that they had to create a wall from the on coming sea level. Why do you think it's constantly raining? The atmosphere is in a constant fight of trying to stabilize itself out.

>they are trying their hardest to make it worse.
And who is this "they"?
>not to mention printing like 20 years worth of money in less than 1 year and pretending it will be fine. Also you have every big Corp on boards who talk about buying up assets to "improve" the lives of people so they dont own anything, few counties over from me a guy wearing a skirt assaulted girls at two separate schools and the school board tried covering it up and had the dad of one of the girls arrested when he got angry and the newspaper called him a terrorist.
And you think that this didn't happened 60 years ago, or that perhaps it happened less frequently, is that correct?

>Stuff like that and x1000 more things. About to go to bed.
How do you know 1000 more things are about to go bad?

ennui

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MABMM301USM189S
Bed. No one can read today. Going to bed now. Not worth my time teaching more kids.

>Bed
Night user.

Don't forget your meds mate

And why do you think the government and the big corporations are out to get you?