'Top Gun: Maverick' Has a 29%!!! Weekend Drop

Literally unheard of for a movie that opened to $100M+, Tom is a GOD.

boxofficemojo.com/release/rl2500036097/weekend/?ref_=bo_rl_tab#tabs

Attached: trailer-de-Top-Gun-Maverick.jpg (1200x900, 60.35K)

So this is it? We'll never get a good summer blockbuster ever again. We're stuck with Marvel CGI fuckfests for the rest of our life?

Shit, why do I even hope anymore?

Atleast the movie itself is fantastic.

Having a 29% second weekend drop is insanely good. A typical second weekend drop is in the 60% range.

Oh wow, I didn't know that and completely misinterpreted this post.

Still not watching it chud.
I am just not going to watch it.

alright, im going a 2nd time this week

Tom may have saved the summer blockbuster user

watched it twice for you

Didn't even need China to inflate the numbers

literally just got back from my second viewing
it's kino bois

it's in the top ten least second week drop of all time
it's pure kino and it's raking in the dough

Cope

Attached: 427175FA-B785-4543-A282-FBBEE201E220.jpg (680x592, 44.54K)

you don't know how jack about the box office if you think a 30% drop is anything to doom about. 50+% is the norm for blockbusters and that's pre-pandemic.
shut the fuck up and lurk moar

literally invincible

Attached: 800px-Jack_Reacher-_Never_Go_Back_Japan_Premiere_Red_Carpet-_Tom_Cruise_(35338493152).jpg (800x1200, 158.22K)

Went 2 times at IMAX and I may go a last time while is still at IMAX best movie experience since Avatar hans down.

did they really cuck to china this bad

No, the final movie has both jap and taiwan flags

Honestly, this was a serious redpill for me, and not for the reasons you'd think. This was the first movie I watched which I was old enough to recognize absolutely terrible acting by the entire cast, a terrible script all around, and a phony sentimental ending set up like a grade-school talent show magic act...and grown men I spoke to were like, "It's a great movie. You have to watch it. Masterpiece."
I then realized how retarded the average person is and became a much more shrewd judge of films.

they uncucked, its there in the movie

embarrassing post

Attached: 1606529727450.jpg (447x444, 27.45K)

this is more like you flowering into a midwit. you don’t understand tone so you think something intentionally trying to keep continuity with 80s shlock is cringey because it isn’t written like some sparse pretentious crap or utterly ironically like capeshit is. you can’t appreciate a well structured and put together film with brilliant practical action sequences and a satisfying story told with great economy when it comes to exposition and timing because it presents a hyperbolic and silly reality you think you are so much smarter than. eventually you’ll get over yourself and realise that film making is a craft that has nothing to do with how complex something is thematically or script wise but how competently a visual experience is put together.

this is the type of person who watches youtubers talk about movies