youtu.be/l_6Tumd8EQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>this pile of shit makes that pile of shit look and smell less like shit
No.

I am sorry George

Attached: gl.png (606x658, 1M)

why did you sell it to slavers, george?

the whole franchise sucks. best movies were ep 1 and 3 and maybe 5

>implying the prequels aren't already masterpieces.
no YOU apologize.

rewatched it just last week. imo theyd only have to remaster jar jar and the movie would look and work better as a whole. most of the other cgi holds up compared to marvel

Kenobi is decent. Only behind the first season of the Mandalorian.

ep.1-3 were kino. malding mid-life crisis retards are just purists about it.

Attached: 897654344567.jpg (601x469, 48.49K)

Something happened in 2012. I don't know what but it seems incredibly odd to me that a guy who is known as one of the most shrewd businessmen in Hollywood would sell his life's work to Disney and expect them to honour his plans for it over nothing more than a handshake agreement. Especially when he clearly knew he had to stipulate in the contract that Disney couldn't release the original cuts of the OT. He obviously didn't just trust them at. their word.

Why wasn't it in writing that they had to follow his treatments, or keep him on as an exec producer? Why did Kathleen Kennedy, his friend and colleague of 28 years, fuck him over so royally? None of it makes sense.

It seemed like the plan was for Disney to finance and distribute the movies which would be based on Lucas's treatments and have him oversee as a kind of consultant. I'm pretty sure the people they were talking to initially like Michael Ardnt and Brad Bird were people Lucas had recommended/approved. Then suddenly it all goes up in flames, JJ Abrams comes in and tosses out Ardnt's script, pushes Lucas out, and changes the entire direction of things. How did Abrams have so much pull? Did Lucas really just trust Disney at their word that this wouldn't happen? I don't understand.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 10.41.41 am.png (1236x1802, 3.5M)

"The Prequels Are Better Movies Than You Deserve"
RW

Clinically retarded.

Is this Kino?

youtu.be/l_6Tumd8EQI

Attached: 69C8B2DE-56CD-42D0-A578-4F484D133E0A.jpg (443x388, 158.36K)

The jokes on you, OP.
>Episode 1 was already a masterpiece.

I dont know but Rich Evan's zero-effort impersonation of George Lucas really embodies the Space Cop motif.

It's cringe on principle but a few of the impressions are really good. The George Lucas guy in particular is kind of amazing, beyond the mannerisms he knows how Lucas thinks

Just because Nu Wars is worse it doesn’t change the fact that the prequels suck. Did you all just forget about Jar Jar and the cringe inducing acting that’s worse than TV soaps?

what was the overarching story of the original treatments?

It's actually all YOUR fault. People were shitting on George non-stop for over a decade, even after the prequels had come out. It got so bad thant he couldn't even get any other projects off the ground without "fans" dragging his name through the dirt by association.

He's still human and in the end it was consuming his own mental wellbeing. I don't blame him for quitting as a fuck you to the fandom. It's only now people are eating their words after seeing the shitshow Disney has turned the franchise into.

I hope you're happy. Remember YOU wanted this.

Attached: georgefood.jpg (900x1200, 190.82K)

Details are scattered and have only come in from multiple sources so it's hard to paint an accurate picture but these are quotes from Lucas himself.

>"The movies are about how Leia - I mean, who else is going to be the leader? - is trying to rebuild the Republic... Luke is trying to restart the Jedi."

>“It starts out a few years after Return of the Jedi and we establish pretty quickly that there’s this underworld, there are these offshoot stormtroopers who started their own planets, and that Luke is trying to restart the Jedi. He puts the word out, so out of 100,000 Jedi, maybe 50 or 100 are left. The Jedi have to grow again from scratch, so Luke has to find two-and-three-year-olds, and train them. It’ll be 20 years before you have a new generation of Jedi.”

>"Darth Maul trained a girl, Darth Talon, who was in the comic books, as his apprentice. She was the new Darth Vader and most of the action was with her. So, these were the two main villains of the trilogy."

>"There’s a power vacuum so gangsters, like the Hutts, are taking advantage of the situation, and there is chaos," said Lucas. "The key person is Darth Maul, who had been resurrected in the Clone Wars cartoons—he brings all the gangs together. [Maul]’s very old, and we have two versions of him. One is with a set of cybernetic legs like a spider, and then later on he has metal legs and he was a little bit bigger, more of a superhero."

>"Okay, you fought the war, you killed everybody, now what are you going to do?. Rebuilding afterwards is harder than starting a rebellion or fighting the war. When you win the war and you disband the opposing army, what do they do? The stormtroopers would be like Saddam Hussein’s Ba’athist fighters that joined ISIS and kept on fighting. The stormtroopers refuse to give up when the Republic win.”

Attached: 7.png (1280x720, 503.25K)

the acting is more enjoyable today since everything now lacks sincerity and honestly. it's more like a play and much more enjoyable looking back compared to what has gone on since

it is a masterpiece though

Attached: Boonta Eve Podrace.jpg (1920x816, 426K)

another grumpy starwars manbaby thread jesus christ shut the fuck up

Something about the source of the midichlroians. He was going hard in that direction.

This. It's cheesy, but charmingly so.

I'm not the guy. I've loved the prequels very vocally since I first saw them. I'm a huge fan of THX and American Graffiti since I saw them both at 16 and since them I've seen them in the cinema a few times at my local retro theatre. I've watched all of his early shorts on youtube, even his non-narrative ones like Look at Life and Herbie. I even saw Red Tails and Strange Magic recently as well, both of which I quite liked. I'm a Lucas guy through and through and I always have been.

sounds like it would have a decent cartoon, idk about movie trilogy but who knows really.

i agree, you can suspend your disbelief and start to care where as the rey trilogy never captured that spark

>Sheev is le only good part of ROTS!!!!!
>Rise of Skywalker is not elevated at all by Sheev's presence
It's time to admit ROTS is kino.