Movie is named Akira

>Movie is named Akira
>Akira shows up for like 3 seconds
The fuck?

Attached: 1473970261789.jpg (1940x1353, 482.55K)

>my life
>only 3 seconds were enjoyable
Yeah seems accurate

The movie only adapts the first half of the manga, Tetsuo is only the Act 1 villain and the rest is about Kaneda and Akira.

which 3 seconds?

Thats one comfy looking seat.
You got a giant cushion just for your magnum sized dong

The manga is five thick volumes - none of which I have read. I’ve always assumed the film to be a strange abridgment of them.

The ones in Akira when Akira showed up

TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOO

one of only a handful of acceptable animes for men to watch, others being fist of the north star vampire hunter d and NGE

>Show is named Big Bang Theory
>Takes place 14 billion years after the Big Bang
The fuck?

Attached: the-big-bang-theory-cast-856x570.jpg (856x570, 117.38K)

That bike is cool, reminds me of my favorite biker mice from mars bike

Tetsuo is the main antagonist in both versions. The movie ending is a streamlined version of the manga ending.

but which one came first? the akira bike or vinnies bike?

Watched it last night
Other than the good animation, the story is utter dogshit

>The manga is five thick volumes
Six

Attached: Search -- Dark Horse Comics 6-6-2022 1-29-15 PM.png (664x486, 366.82K)

BMoM is one of the first anime adaptations of a manga, back in 1981

Even harder to make into a 2h film? What do we miss out on in the film?

Not sure but I had vinnie and his bike as toy as a kid, damn biker mice from mars was really cool.

the film is only half of the manga
yet people bitch about watchmen getting 80-90% of the book

it sure was kino. i liked modo the most.

It's kind of like with Nausicaa.

Tetsuo destroys the moon.

Attached: th-1393570106.jpg (474x422, 41.66K)

Based

Venus Wars >>>>>>>>> Akira

After quick google akira was 88 bmfm was 93 so akira was released before biker mice.

They were all cool in their own way but I always loved vinnie the most, still do.

Post-Apocalyptic Civil War is the biggest miss

>Tetsuo is the main antagonist
what do japanese have against incels?

did akira show up? i thought he was dead and chopped to pieces

Probably because most people who watch it have never even read the manga and the film is known more so for it's visuals than the story.

>Manga features Tetsuo getting a harem of teenage girls
What the fuck is with the Japanese

>What do we miss out on in the film?
There's a lot missing or altered for the sake of having a self contained plot in the film.
Best way it could be, in my opinion. You get an enjoyable film that stands by itself, and a manga that still has much more to offer if you choose to read it afterwards.

ive read the manga and the film nails alls the juicy bits, latter half is only a lot of farting around and nicely drawn rubble

Most manga kind of suck.

You forgot Demon City Shinjuku and Ninja Scroll.

Yeah, he's the one that takes control of the situation.

Not in the manga

Attached: th-1149197850.jpg (474x713, 86.17K)

Yes. Akira himself shows up when Tetsuo invades the olympic stadium hidden base, and hangs around for a long time as a super-powerful little kid in the last volumes.

the english dub doesn’t explain shit

>It's a "Reader realizes the author is just making up the plot as he goes along" issue

I was really into all this otaku shit some 10 years ago, but when I think about it I haven't finished that many manga or shows.
I'm rewatching some Ghibli now and I enjoy them more than before (Laputa, Nausicaa). I think I've become a massive pussy because Hisaishi music can actually make me cry.

Last I heard, the writer/artist was working on an animated series of the complete manga story, which would be a vast improvement.

Wicked city SHITS on demon city , demon city only has a cooler name

>Movie is called Chinatown
>Doesnt take place in Chinatown
BRAVO, Nolan

Very American comic close up desu.