When does this get good? I liked the original series and havnt watched any of the other serieses...

when does this get good? I liked the original series and havnt watched any of the other serieses. TNG seems like a slog 6 episodes in. Should I just skip season 1, does it get any better?

Attached: 1632663576136.jpg (1434x2048, 410.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LmxgZdZITIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It definitely gets better yes

season 1 is poop and season 2 is only slightly better
just skip them both

Yeah, skip season 1 if you're not enjoying it. It's not like you'll be lost. And then if you become a fan you can always go back later if you want. One of the benefits of episodic TV.

season 1 is horrendous and season 2 is mostly shit too
tng became kino with season 3

ok I skip 1 and 2 then

Attached: 1624707783259.png (492x381, 188.92K)

>The first season also contains some offensive elements, like the episode "Code of Honor," which featured stereotypical Black characters andoffended viewers.

Attached: 1651880362102.png (784x861, 862.33K)

watch these tho:

'11001001' - best season 1 episode
'Skin of Evil' - kind of a crappy episode but one of the few early ones that has lasting plot ramifications
'The Measure of a Man' - classic TNG moral quandry episode, great Picard moments
'Q Who' - another with lasting plot stuff but a great episode this time

I came in to mention that this was one of the better eps in season 1

>Skip s1 and s2 they're bad
Such a cringe opinion.
Those are cheesy, yes, but they're fun regardless and let you see the series growing into maturity.

im new to trek and i mostly enjoyed s1 and s2 but my taste is terrible. i just find it comfy, there were only a few episodes i really didnt enjoy..

If you like Star Trek, the very first episode.

This but I would make some additions.
>1x12 - The Big Goodbye. Introduces Dixon Hill. A comfy, albeit not spectacular episode.
>1x13 - Datalore. A decent episode and it introduces a recurring character.
>1x20 - Heart of Glory. A decent episode. Introduces TNG-era Klingons.
>1x26 - The Neutral Zone. I like it. Others hate it. Introduces TNG-era Romulans and starts a recurring plotline.
>2x03 - Elementary, Dear Data. Comfy, and introduces a recurring character.
>2x08 - A Matter of Honor. Not necessary but it's a good enough episode and has more Klingon introduction.
>2x11 - Contagion. A good episode and is referenced later on.
>2x15 - Pen Pals. A good episode. Introduces prime directive morality.
2x20 - The Emissary. A good episode and adds backstory and a recurring character.

Season 1 is mostly garbage. It gets consistently good in season 3 though season 2 has some gems.

Why do nu trekkies seethe so much about this episode? You can literally find tribes and Muslim cultures today that still operate with such cultural norms. Black Panther shows niggas fighting to the death to determine their new king and everyone was just a-okay with it.

I'm new to trek too and I just watched ep 3 of TNG. Some decisions are hilarious and I'm surprised they are in a show like this. Like Yar saying she had to escape from rape gangs in her childhood? The drunk virus that made everyone horny as fuck and data porked Yar in her minge his with robo dick? There's so much hilarious and comical shit in it

I actually loved that episode and was the first one I liked and got me hooked

Season 2 has a handful of great episodes and TNG's third season is consistently excellent with only a few duds. Just note that, as good as TNG becomes, it's a very different show from TOS.

There's a couple of good episodes in season 1, still worth watching

Also you learn to know the characters, and without watching it you'll miss out on future references like Tasha Yar

It helped me to watch episode reviews afterwards if you have no one to talk to about them

I found these guys who are also watching for their first time
youtube.com/watch?v=LmxgZdZITIg

because the black people seem nerdy and weird

if they seemed cool, people would be fine with it, even with the exact same plot

Data is... fully functional.