What are your experiences of discussing films with normies, e.g. coworkers?

How do they react to your film tastes, especially with regard to older/less mainstream kino?

Attached: no-normies-allowed-pepe-the-frog-meme-3390906804.jpg (735x550, 62.31K)

they said drive was boring
those fuckers

I told my friends that BvS was kino. And this was before the Ultimate Edition even came out. They just looked at me weird and said that I have all the wrong opinions on everything.

It's usually Star Wars shit. I got a job doing yard work and the supervisor likes Star Wars and plays Battlefront

they stare,mostly.

I haven’t had a real conversation with anybody in years

Based hermit.

I only recommend tom hanks movies.
1. All of them are good
2. None of them are weird

So i know normies will enjoy it and they think anything that is not marvel is cult.

I went to a party a few weeks ago on the pretense that I was going to be able to show a group of normies The Shining for the first time.
Little did I know, a bunch of other normies from the neighborhood arrived, and it got ungodly packed.
Two mexican freshmen said that The Shining was shit because it was slow and told the group that Insidious 2 was better.
I left the party early because Insidious 2 sucks, and I thoroughly enjoyed rewatching The Shining by myself.
>inb4 "they were actually based!!!"

Attached: bob.jpg (1589x900, 184.79K)

>be me
>at party with normies
>people talking about their favorite movies
>"Star Wars!" "Jaws!" "Marvel flick#453!"
>Say my favorite movie is Blade Runner (It´s actually 8 1/2, but that will go down easier with the normes)
>Silence
>...
>Get asked to leave

What did I do wrong?

Attached: 1653517134076.jpg (249x228, 12.71K)

>None of them are weird
I think Cloud Atlas was pretty weird but I don't remember much from it.
>they think anything that is not marvel is cult
wtf?
Why the hell show any movie at party?
>"they were actually based!!!"
Why would anyone say that?
>What did I do wrong?
Didn't say "Blade Runner 2049".

is this some kind of a joke thread? I mean what the fuck guys nobody's this retarded right?

No, what makes you think that?

They think that I'm a film connoisseur just because I have watched movies other than whatever plays on cinemas/tv and top imdb movies.
Truth is I'm a pleb but hey, I enjoy the attention.

>None of them are weird

Reminder that T.Hanks played in an anti-dnd moral panic film. Get them to watch that.

>I enjoy the attention.
At least there is that. Shame that the bar is set so low.

What are some obscure kinos that managed to gather so much attention?

I think I've been kind of lucky in that I mostly have good conversations about shit like movies but my current co workers are legitimately only interested in Disney. My boss has been to Disney Land like 4 times because she says she loves it so much.

>she loves it so much
Women truly ruin everything.
>other than whatever plays on cinemas/tv and top imdb movies

>>other than whatever plays on cinemas/tv and top imdb movies
Retard

she's actually a really nice person but conversations turn extremely dry when it's like
>what did you watch at the weekend? I watched [insert marvel shit here] and it was great!
>I've just been binging Rutger Hauer movies
>who's that?!
each to their own I guess

>people try to talk about marvel movies with me.
>I politely tell them I don’t watch these movies.
>they say something like “I see. But this new one is really…” and them proceed to go on a monologue about marvel this and marvel that.
Thank god GoT isn’t popular anymore, it used to be as bad as marvel when it came to unsolicited conversations.
There was also the memorable time when I finally found someone who knew my favorite movie (Koreeda’s After Life) just for her to say it was boring and shit and then declare that her favorite movie was the fucking Lion King live action remake.

I never reveal my power level. If someone asks about movies, I just make a vague comment like "that latest Marvel product sure looks like a good time" and move on. Hasn't failed me yet.

>just for her to say it was boring and shit and then declare that her favorite movie was the fucking Lion King live action remake
I know that feel but you do just have to laugh

frogposters are 'normies' (normalfags)

You should kidnap the bitch and force feed some kino.
>Koreeda’s After Life
Never seen it, maybe I'll try it.
>fucking Lion King live action remake
Fuck, I didn't even like the original.
>latest Marvel product
Based.

>did you like x?
>yes/no
>Ok
many such cases

Not obscure, just not something that is immediately recognisable to the average normie who only watches netflix after work and goes to the cinema once per one or two months to watch a rom com/horror flick/disney or pixar shit/ star wars/ capeshit.
An example was Angel Heart. As I said, I am a pleb but people nowadays gave absolutely no idea about movies. The Wailing is also extremely effective if you can actually manage to get someone to watch it. Doubly fun if you then also explain how it's a deeply Christian movie and then they feel dirty for liking it.

>Silence
not the best scorsese movie, I understand why they asked you to leave

It's the same as when talking to Any Forums but people are less passionate and don't get angry.
>I liked the movie
>really? I thought it sucked
>I dunno I thought it was cool
>fair enough

One of my friends calls me a "cinema nigga" though.

Kek'd.

Heh