Why was she such a big thing in the 30s? Are any of her films actually worth watching...

Why was she such a big thing in the 30s? Are any of her films actually worth watching, or were they more directed at children?

Attached: MBDPOLI_FE030-821x1024.jpg (821x1024, 78.83K)

she was sexy

ANIMAL CRACKERS IN MY SOUP

>Are any of her films actually worth watching
There's this one where she sides with the Confederacy and does black face

Attached: the-littlest-rebel-movie-poster-1935-1020143424.jpg (580x881, 111.22K)

She was cute in Bachelor and the Bobbysoxer but she was grown up in that one

but is that the only reason she was so famous?

She got famous by the depression. Reminder that Shirley Temple, along the New Deal and the self-made man myth, saved America from communism

men wanted to fuck her

she literally did blackface

Attached: ezgif-5-39e3db433d.jpg (490x385, 38.26K)

They didn't have a bunch of options, this was probably like the 4th TV production to ever be created

(((Producers))) literally did.

>those constant 2 minute long infomercials on Cartoon Network
Did they really think kids would have an interest in buying that crap?

This makes sense

It was a different time. Back when you could openly have sexy toddlers.
>Are any of her films actually worth watching
If you're a pedophile

They wish . She laughed at their ding dong and got kicked out of the office

>Shirley
>sexy
sorry user, you were the nonce all along

It was the depression
People looked for any form of escape and happiness they could find.
For most of the country she was a symbol and a daughter type to dote over.

I loved those ads

Uh oh. Damn female kid.

it was the equivalent of slice of life tranime and kpop for its time, with all the linebacker men watching imagining themselves transitioning to be an 8 year old cunny while moderating Any Forums and dilating. but they didn't have twitter to use her face as an avatar on back then
when she came back to hollywood this old jew was so overcome with this AGP krautchan mania that he couldn't help pulling the 'jannys special surprise' move
>After her departure from Twentieth Century-Fox, Shirley was signed by MGM for her comeback; the studio made plans to team her with Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney for the Andy Hardy series. However, upon meeting with Arthur Freed for a preliminary interview, the MGM producer exposed his genitals to her. When this elicited nervous giggles in response, Freed threw her out and ended their contract before any films were produced.
>As a result, her only film for Metro was Kathleen in 1941, a story about an unhappy teenager. The film was not a success, and her MGM contract was canceled after mutual consent.

>she literally did blackface
>literally

Attached: 1526091005630.png (309x368, 165.64K)

they were hedging their bets if children were watching tv there's probably old people adjacent

Are any of her films worth watching today considering we are on the verge of another depression?

That was back when it was still a cute thing to do. I bet they had fun.

based loli btfos nonce kike

Susannah of the Mounties is one I enjoy