Why did it turn out so bad? feels like nolan didnt even want to make it

why did it turn out so bad? feels like nolan didnt even want to make it

Attached: 63b5bed74b1870ba6b8615c181ccecca1dce574cc57005212492567ae6060f83._RI_V_TTW_ (1).jpg (2160x2880, 1.27M)

It's not that bad. The main problem is the stupid
>I'm CIA
>You're a big guy
>For you
discussion and Bane's voice: it doesn't matter if he's close or far from the camera, it always sounds like he's in front of you with a megaphone.

Fix the audio, fix the initial discussion (already fixed in foreign dubs) and it's alright.

the plot being an overly convoluted mess doesnt end with the plane sequence

nolan lives in a bubble. He got himself to a level in which nobody questions him. He thinks he can just shoot whatever and it will be kino automatically. Look at the plane scene. - this shit wouldn't fly in a decent student movie

Nolan said years ago that he wanted Joker in the third movie as a Hannibal Lecter type character in jail for Batman to visit and get information out of. He hasn't elaborated further than that. When Heath died the trilogy-capping kino in Nolan's head was no longer filmable. Since he couldn't just back out of his contract he was forced to settle for a lesser story and took some shortcuts and made a few too many compromises in the editing and story logic areas in order to make a release date.

While I think it's the worst Batman movie overall and I blame Nolan for it, it's not unforgivable considering one of his man actors fucking died suddenly. He deserves a bit of slack.

Attached: dog reaction.png (1280x720, 427.2K)

>feels like nolan didnt even want to make it
That's not the movie Nolan wanted to make, yes.

i would probably be happier if the movie just got canceled, but obviously warner bros would want to cash in on TDKs success. was nolan really forced by a contract to make it?

I remember at time of release there was a rumor that the scene where Scarecrow plays a judge and exiles people, that was supposed to be played by the Joker

Two big story decisions guaranteed it would be bad, the fusion reactor/bomb and return of the League of Shadows.

>the worst batman movie
I hope you mean worst nolan bat movie, its still top 5 batman movies overall even though the dialogue and some plot points seem like they were written with crayon

Probably not contractually bound but Hollywood runs on reputation, staying to finish out a trilogy and earn the studio another billion instead of just walking away cause he couldn't make his perfect dream movie probably earned him a ton of leeway with all studios in the future who now know he'll make compromises for the sake of good business

Attached: BATMAN-comicbook-creators.png (1162x1508, 416.83K)

the truth is Dark Knight is just as shitty you just don't notice the flaws and stupid plot holes cause you're thinking, "gee heath died" the entire time

this, no bigger sign of desperation than inexplicably going back two sequels when the previous film barely mentioned it.
Bane is a silly villain with a stupid plan, Batman acts extremely pathetic in it, Catwoman is cringe, etc. but I thought Nolan lost his touch with Inception. Actually watch inception. Everything about it besides the cinematography and fashion is terrible. The acting and dialogue are noticeably bad.

How was Robin able to pull off a perfect ricochet shot here, is it some bullshit nod to the comics or something?

Attached: The.Dark.Knight.Ris.jpg (3840x2160, 1.24M)

If you think the script and editing of DK and Rises are the same, you really need to lay off the lead paint chips.

The script is better on TDK but both films follow basically the same editing MO, only Rises has some pretty drastic time compression that makes you reel from one scene to the next.

>nolan
I truly cannot believe that Nolan didn't make the boy from Batman begins into Blake/ Robin.
The set up was perfect.
It was all there. The kid would grow up to be a cop. Perhaps made an orphan because of the scarecrow toxin attack from Batman begins

How did nolan fuck this up so bad? J

Attached: Jack_Gleeson.jpg (393x403, 10.36K)

Robin is gay and Bale said he would leave if he showed up, Nolan probably only managed to sneak him in with his secrecy protocols.

Attached: DC-actors-creators.jpg (1360x9759, 2.59M)

stop noticing things

I still can't believe that's the fucking poster.

Attached: NSWQZ.gif (434x600, 958.64K)

they forced him into making a half-assed movie
if TDKR was on par with TDK these two films would have set the bar too high and Hollywood wouldn't be able to push their conveyor belt capeshit to mass audiences, at least not with the same ferocity and scale they did for over a decade