Dudes, is that the enemy army over there shooting at us

>dudes, is that the enemy army over there shooting at us
>lets form a lets form a line and walk slowly towards them

Attached: barry-lyndon.jpg (1013x600, 103.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=klPZIGQcrHA
youtube.com/watch?v=vcx-4olgf10
youtube.com/watch?v=rblfKREj50o
youtube.com/watch?v=PGrxHO-B2TY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>dude do I get btfo every time I make this thread?
>let's make it again for the umpteenth time

This was peak warfare.

But you have to Hwhite to appreciate it.

Even worse trope than bad guys with guns running up to the hero and being taken down

imagine being transporting in the early 19th century with all your guns and ammos and just mowing down armies after armies and becoming the emperor of europe

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the important guys in the back? Why are they leading the charge?

bong logic

Barry Lyndon is fucking great. Kubrick's best in my opinion. Brilliant choice of music, as always. Always thankful Kubrick rarely fell for the "Original Soundtrack" meme; there's a massive amount of brilliant classical music out there and all these directors instead go for original soundtracks that all sound the same, all composed by some mediocrity.

>youtube.com/watch?v=klPZIGQcrHA

bongoloids were shit at ground, they weren't called pirates just for being deceitful pieces of shit

napoleon had lots of troubles in spain cause the comon people used guerrilla instead of the usual warfare of the time.

Well why not

Attached: 1442160634153.webm (1280x720, 2.59M)

Kubrick actually had someone compose a score for 2001. After hearing it he decided to say fuck it and just stick to classical music instead. It's hard to beat The Blue Danube.

Attached: 1652245713872.webm (704x304, 1.49M)

Yeah I believe he wanted the guy to do it in the style of Ligeti, but Kubrick didn't like the result and ended up using the real original. I don't think Ligeti's got much out of it at all; it was only settled a while after.

>youtube.com/watch?v=vcx-4olgf10

Those leading the charge are not important at all.
They even suck at shooting, which is why they were given a banner and not a gun.

does anyone even "die" in this clip?
all those explosions and gunshots and nothing happens.

Acting.

Attached: 568239475.jpg (640x480, 14.5K)

Yea it's a retarded tactic. It's mental they used it until the end of WW1 before realizing all it's good for is racking up casualties.

>youtube.com/watch?v=rblfKREj50o

heroes never die

>how come they didn't actually shoot the horses and actors at point blank range for my entertainment?

>spread out and lose formation for le ebin duck-run-shoot skirmish tactics
>get massacred down by cavalry charges

It was an evolution of pike & shot tactics. Just merging the pike & shot into one weapon.

Tactics couldn't change until rifled guns that could reliably nail a charging cavalryman became commonplace.

Weren't smoothbore weapons somewhat inaccurate at range? I thought that was why they could get away with this and why casualties in the Civil War were so high because rifles started becoming more common

They were just crossing over from medieval warfare and still hadnt learned what was effective. Guerilla fighters in colonial America taught them.

They formed dense ranks, because the fear was a cavalry or bayonet charge. The slow rate of fire meant that a curiasser charge could easily get into their ranks, and shatter the entire army. Then it would be a hunt, where cavalry annihilates the army.

The Bayonet was still considered decisive for winning.

By the time of the US civil war, firepower had improved so it was starting to tip away from breaking ranks with shock. By ww1 firepower was king.

Obligatory:
youtube.com/watch?v=PGrxHO-B2TY

It's good to remember that Barry Lyndon takes place no less than 100 years before the American Civil War.

I'm asking why no one is acting dead you retard.