Why do so many people in this board hate lost in translation so much?

Why do so many people in this board hate lost in translation so much?

Attached: image (1).jpg (2048x1356, 1.68M)

No idea. It's a genuinely great movie looking at loneliness, alienation and camaraderie set in a city everyone here seemingly loves. Maybe because the characters are rich like in every Sofia Coppola story?

because they didn't have sex, the coomers got blue balled hard kek

years after i saw it first time i noticed how artificial emotional it seems to me now.

their original partners seem almost comical surreal retarded and superficial that you cannot take their dilemma seriously anymore.

when you see "somewhere" which is like a lost in translation in usa but with father/daugther you get that lost in translations success wa a happy accident.

nuke america

Attached: jihad.png (690x535, 43.13K)

Because it's boring as fuck and I have no sympathy for a spoiled, young, hot, rich white girl who's complaining about being lonely in a foreign country. And Bill Murray is annoying to me. Most overrated movie of all time and Sofia COPElla sucks shit.

They want to fuck prime ScarJo, that's all it is.

Somewhere is just plain garbage though. Lost in translation is two people randomly connecting and exploring that connection. Somewhere is two people already connected not exploring their connection.

Not to mention how somewhere is, basically
>dude being an actor is like, hard. I have obligations and stuff and the strippers won’t let me fuck them!

I don't, it's a great movie

>and the strippers won’t let me fuck them!
Wasn't it just one of them that wouldn't fuck him but her twin sister was?

I don’t hate it but it does validate my opinion that all women are whores and will still cheat emotionally even if they don’t physically.
That’s why I only forge real relationships with masculine men and sate any physical urges with prostitutes.

Any Forumsposters derive their ego and self worth from being lonely and depressed and that being special. It makes them special. The idea that these feelings are normal and part of the human condition is offensive. Attractive or even vaguely functional people are like aliens, have nothing to do with you, and must live happy lives.

Attached: Tyler Hamilton.jpg (1024x680, 112K)

Yea but like, he’s an actor! They should both be DTF! Otherwise WTF!

His life is truly suffering.

I can't have empathy for rich people. You don't have to be in fucking whiskey commercials. You don't have to be in Tokyo for no particular reason.

I empathise with people who have actual problems. You've got cancer? That must be tough. Your dad just died? That probably sucks. You're lonely? Oh, do fuck off.

I enjoyed it for a bit. But I've never appreciated the 'old man with a happy life chicken hawks young girl'. How am I supposed to enjoy the thought of older men taking women from my own dating pool simply by virtue of their age and greater resource acquiremrnt and so on.

It's written by a rich cunt who never experienced a bad day in her life. It's not surprising that the demographic that appreciates this movie the most is Gen X and Millennial white women who were raised in upper-middle-to-upper class white suburbia.

Virgin Suicides is like this too. Oh no it's just so hard being a hot white girl with nothing to worry about, better kms dramatically.

i don't really like movies where the character is portrayed as "lonely" and "sad" despite leading a normal life with people constantly around him.

should have been Tom Hanks instead of this hack

how do you explain the large number of people who live ostensibly 'good' lives and commit suicide?

that kinda thing can't be fake its like chopping your cock off they're clearly not faking when they take it that far.

It was my favorite movie for awhile, but as I got older it just turned into a movie I still like a lot, but is no longer my favorite. I still think it's great.

This didn't happen have a happy ending with slightly similar concept. A bitch a pretending like they didn't know you after all that.

Attached: Last Tango in Paris.jpg (1125x750, 154.65K)

It's a solid film. Soundtrack is the best thing about it

>slightly similar concept
It's basically the exact opposite.

i don't like that the main characters are so racist but other than that i like it

I'm not the user you're replying to but do you have any stats to back that up? Suicide is statistically rare as it is, and last I read up on suicide stats, most people who do it in the anglosphere are not living ostensibly 'good' lives. They're either destitute, have mental illness (actual mental illness), elderly, have physical health problems, or otherwise middle-lower class. Money can't buy happiness, but it sure as hell can prevent the misery and stress that worrying about money brings.