/trek/

Broccoli Edition

Attached: 1647509805482.png (664x601, 225.73K)

Previous:

>Uh, Commander, can I have a word with you?
>Sure, Geordi! What do you need?
>Uh, sir, you know that, uh... that holodeck program I asked you about the other day?
>Oh, the one with Dr. Leah Brahms, right?
>Yes sir, I.... I was wondering if you were finished with it, if I could, uh... use it next.
>Heh, Geordi, you don't even have to ask, I already reserved you an hour with it. Data told me about your recent problems with her, about her being married. While I can't say that's even stopped me in the past....
>Uh, yes, thank you sir, that'll.... that'll be all.

Attached: tumblr_6e1ef4e84b8f80fb4950360f098d59fb_1bfb72a6_1280.jpg (1280x958, 204.65K)

Current:

Amazing job on the "updated" recreation of the ritual grounds from Amok Time. Also, props for having the original music too.
Should have given "Vulcan Spock" a coppery-green skin tone.
Lirpa had no blood on it after slashing "Human Spock" rather deeply.
Crew is already getting "much-needed" shore leave after only a couple missions? Have they even been in space for like a month?
It seems rather odd that there is an entire governmental division dedicated to dealing with Vulcan criminals when they are supposed to be exceedingly rare.
Spock and T'Pring apparently share a familiariy and closeness that I did not get the impression they had in Amok Time...but it doesn't actually contradict anything tht came before, just seams a bit disjointedly.
Hard to tell but the Tellarite that is in the treaty conference footage appears to be of the nu-variant.
Klingons making peaceful contact, and alliances no less, with small entities on their borders comes across as an outlandish thing for them to do.
The Romulans are supposed to be like completely isolationist at this point with no contact for a century. No way in hell they could be attempting to have diplomatic ties with others and the Federation not at least knowing what they look like which is a hard restriction set up in Balance of Terror.
nuUhura immediately identifying from a still image of a (undeployed) ship of alien design that its ancient and of a niche propulsion design is peak horseshit.
Having the flagship of your fleet be of a relic of far distant time and technological sophistication seems like a really bad idea. Assigning it the duty of traveling to distant systems to work out treaties seems pretty ill-advised since it is incapable of FTL travel and thus need significant amounts of time to get anywhere.
How did the R'ongovians get all the way to the bridge of the ship without the Captain being alerted?

Knowing the (at this point hidden) motivations of the aliens it seems incredibly out of character that they would show up unannounced and insist the negotations be held ahead of schedule with no time to prepare, especially since in this encounter they are supposed to be reflecting human sensibilities.
Why do they want to talk to Pike specifically? For that matter why is Pike the best assigned for this? I would think being literally in the heart of Fed space they would have access to more specialized/capable diplomats.
What the fuck is up with La'an's incredibly awkward request to be excused?
Why the absolute fuck is Chapel sleep around when she is already engaged by this point? Futhermore, they have plenty of original characters for this show, even if you feel "representation" is that important there is no reason to go changing the sexuality of already established ones.
Ortegas continues to be an absolute detriment to any scene she is in or at best of no value whatsoever. Kyle is literally a better character/actor here and I would love if they would swap places.
Admitted nitpick: The "nickname" is more of a "nick phrase" or formal title and the way it is brought up is very stilted and unnatural.
T'Pring did good in the first scene and she does good here as well. I bet either this actress did actual research or was coached by someone who knew what the fuck is up.
Dever and Chapel have negative chemistry and are entirely unbelievable.
Felt kind of weird for the computer to send a personalized alert over the PA to an officer. Felt more like a TNG than TOS thing. Think they could have just had a nameless Lt/Ensign just say "We are showing an unauthorized access at the airlock, sir." and accomplished the same thing.
The two of them suddenly have pistols when they did dont have them in the previous scene. nuTrek has been TERRIBLE of keeping track of weapons or planning ahead for them.

Chapel has odd bumps(scars?) on her left upper arm in the chat with Spock at the bar scene.
Spock seems incredibly out of character opening up so unreservedly to Chapel. Additionally the the "spirit" of their friendship seems completely incongruent with how it will be portrayed in TOS; its almost intimate and romantic here.
T'Pring asking "Seriously?" in an incredulous manner seems like poor writing for a vulcan character.
"Vulcan soul-sharing" - Too on the nose. Something like "*vulcan gibberish phrase*, the twining of katras, ..." would have been more appropriate I think. But besides that, isn't this just like literally the "traditional" purpose of a mindmeld? Why are they inventing something new?
The Vulcan spoken here "sounds" very Hebrew here and not like what I would expect from previous examples of it spoken. And yes I know the behind-the-scenes connection but the point remains. I'm sure the language autists will have a field day with this bit one way or the other, I look forward to the inevitable analysis.
The two Vulcan actors do a decent job of acting as "each other" for the rest of the time it occurs.
Why can't they just explain to the R'ongovians that Spock is in T'Prings body? Surely since "empathy is a hallmark" of them this wouldn't be so difficult an impediment for them? Also, just allowing what is the equivalent of a random Vulcan FBI agent to handle your delicate peace talks seems pretty ill advised and no one involved seems at all concerned bu that. What is even more is that no one informs anyone higher up the command of this fact despite one of them being physically present for said talks. This is gets played out when like 15 seconds into the negotiations T'Pring is already completely out of her depth.
K'Tyll is an example of a poorly acted Vulcan.
Why will Barjan only meet with T'Pring? Any hint at all why this might be the case would be appreciated.

>Klingons making peaceful contact, and alliances no less, with small entities on their borders comes across as an outlandish thing for them to do.
>The Romulans are supposed to be like completely isolationist at this point with no contact for a century. No way in hell they could be attempting to have diplomatic ties with others and the Federation not at least knowing what they look like which is a hard restriction set up in Balance of Terror.
Wow, both of these things are so fucking stupid. Changing individual characters' personalities is one thing, but doing complete 180s on major empires is far more egregious. How can anyone watch this show and reasonably believe it has any actual connection to TOS?

They say Enterprise Bingo is only played by Ensigns and lower but Ortegas does as well and she is a Lieutenant.
Don't the internal sensors automatically detect phaser fire inside of the ships? How does anyone do the phaser stun duel and not get constantly caught and reprimanded/court-martialed?
There must be dozens of Vulcans on the station, hundreds a short flight away, and thosuands in easy comm range: why would Spock's number one person to goto for help be Chapel? Surely even M'Benga would have been a more logical choice?
Interesting the V'tosh ka'tur but really questioning why they are treated as criminals instead of pariahs. This should be a more understanding and tolerant Vulcan society that the kind we last saw interact with them and yet the response seems even more extreme. At least Barjan didn't end up being a "logic extremist" as that was what I was worried was gonna be the case.
Are the El-Keshtanktil going to be the new Zhat Vash/Qowat Milat?
"Evolved from apes" trope used with displays a fundamanetal lack of understanding of evolution on the writer's part.
Spock punching people?
Why are they just letting M'Benga "wing it" and not contacting someone with more knowledge or experience with his?
Pike is explicitly and purposefully keeping his CO in the darkfor presumedly no reason than "srtle points." Ludicrous.
Pike again mentions the Romulans and says they are bidding their time when at this time SF has no intel on them and zero idea what their intentions are.
The R'ongovians walked back to their ship, replicated a Federation flag, and attached it to their ship in literally less than a minute. Come the fuck on.
Why would they leave without setting up any terms at all of the alliance? Can it even been called an alliance if there are literally no terms to it?
They forgot to have them wear grav boots. Force field or not they should be floating around with no gravity plating.

Thanks.

Why does nobody talk about how great Body Parts is?

What did she mean by this?

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (3840x1608, 792.16K)

quuuurrkkkk!!!

Attached: 1515616140649.png (437x695, 14.36K)

Granting Bajor membership, obviously

Tam Elbrun... Of the Garushtun disaster?

Previous is supposed to go in the OP.

You're a 'droid

Attached: 1551246385581.png (574x540, 10.42K)

No. I'm annoyed.

Attached: 1512419915511.png (700x701, 13.22K)

Attached: 222222222222.png (730x663, 22.16K)

These threads don't have to be shitty. If you stop treating them like designated shitting threads they could actually be good. Do you not want good threads?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I just filter the autistic retards.

These threads don't have to be shitty. If you stop treating them like designated shitting threads they could actually be good. Do you not want good threads?

Attached: xf2dxtw7fp371~2.jpg (268x298, 19.74K)

>black boy's best friend name is nog
okay rottenberry

Gene Rod and Berries, get it