I don't get it, it's just a generic spy movie?

I don't get it, it's just a generic spy movie?

Attached: chinatown.jpg (1159x1732, 257.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JTI6rN0Vmes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>spy movie
The absolute state

You're just retarded. It's okay, a lot of people are. Also
>spy movie

It's chinatown, jake

it's a detective movie you dumb fuck

They were in Big Trouble.

It's a parable about the transition of Los Angeles from a comfy small city surrounded by orange orchards to a monstrous megalopolis through the control of water. A rather stupid low class private dick/ former cop gets tangled up in this game of big city politics and instead of resolving it and saving the day, he fucks it all up and creates a disaster. One of the 10 greatest movies ever made and the best movie to ever come out of Hollywood. Bob Evans producer, Harold Towne screenplay writer and Roman Polansky director. It was a complex and ambitious work of art, a big undertaking that somehow became greater than any of it's creators or its elements.

It’s not a spy movie and it’s insulting to call this kino average

>One of the 10 greatest movies ever made
name the other 9

Welles A Touch of Evil
Kurosawa The Hidden Fortress
Kubrick Dr. Strangelove
Fellini 8 1/2
Frankenheimer The Manchurian Candidate
Tony Richardson Tom Jones
David Lean Oliver Twist
Lord Olivier Henry V
Hitchcock (take your pick from) Rear Window, Vertigo or North by NW.

I'm missing out on a lot of great things there I'll admit, and some will curse me for only choosing Hitch's American movies but there it is. It's open to some discussion.

Tony Richardson also did The Entertainer with Lord Olivier which is frankly a perfect movie.

Also I somehow want to wedge David Lynch's Mulholland Drive in there. Critics say it's the greatest movie of the 21st century and it really is. It's deeply mysterious and profoundly beautiful while being scathingly cynical. Maybe we could put that in there instead of Oliver Twist.

can't tell if you're a based autist or quoting patrick bateman

> Welles A Touch of Evil

Stopped reading.
Film is boring, overrated shite. Only thing noteworthy from it is Hestons portrayal as a Mexican.

What was “generic” about it, it is very deliberately one of the most pessimistic movies ever made

forget it user

youtu.be/JTI6rN0Vmes

An amazing movie. The Russian judges stormed out of the Cannes film festival when it won the Palm D'or denouncing it as a fascist movie. And it was.

But the cinematography was some of the best ever. Pure genius. I remember that era well. It captures its essence like no other movie.

F I L T E R E D
I
L
T
E
R
E
D

>I remember that era well.
just how old are you

>chinatown
>’spy movie’
Please kill yourself.

Chinatown is boring shit until the end when he says "it's Chinatown Jake"

You could ask him something interesting from that time. But you had to go with the safe and stale "how old are you?" default reaction, didn't you.

Attached: ok boomer.jpg (561x418, 33.65K)