Mad Max saga

Which one is your favorite?

Attached: D4F6E0F4-0F59-4DF0-8855-99F4BCA322EB.jpg (563x353, 139.92K)

Fury Road because it's just a better version of Road Warrior. I like them all, though. I've always had a soft spot for the first one and I think it's unfairly ignored. I'd actually say it my second favorite. Road Warrior has Lord Humongous who's probably my favorite villain in the series and it's still a fun watch. Beyond Thunderdome is fun too and like the original I think it's unfairly criticized. The kids aren't great but they don't bother me any more than the little feral monkey kid in Road Warrior does, and Bartertown is a neat setting. Master Blaster is based.

Attached: 1529696211751.jpg (500x570, 97.87K)

The Road Warrior
I like FR, but Tom Hardy is not Max. They should have just set the film in the same universe and had him play another wanderer. Could have been fun seeing people debate whether or not he was supposed to be Max.

Thunderdome has crap music, no violence and comic reliefs, it's a travesty of a movie, much like Hook.

Fury Road has some nice action scenes but Road Warrior is the better movie IMO. And Tom Hardy isn't Mel Gibson.
I hate how Fury Road ends. They defeat the evil capitalist and turn the citadel into a commie utopia. Right.

I think Tom hardy has better grit than Mel Gibson in my opinion, but hardy lacks any humanity which kind of defeats the purpose of max being the only person with an ounce of humanity left

Or just bring back our guy Mel Gibson. That would have been badass

I kinda like Hook too.

Attached: 1531864279183.jpg (600x600, 125.13K)

Fury Road is like a nu-metal inspired Monster ad, it tries way too hard to be IN YOUR FUCKING FACE while being woke vagina worshipping garbage at the same time. The Road Warrior is perfection, the good and the bad are both assholes and you'll end up slaving for one or the other no matter how hard you try to be autonomous

>evil capitalist
He's just a tyrant with control over a scarce natural resource, he ain't capitalist nothin'.

Road Warrior is still my favorite, but Fury Road is a close second, even if it does have a weak second half.

He would've been old and that would impact the Robin hood thing they were trying to do with max

I never realized until like the other day that Immortan Joe and Toecutter are the same character

No, just the same actor. Toecutter got killed as fuck.

Yeah but doesn’t that explain why he’s all fucked up in fury road? He just got run over by a truck and his skin has the same injuries that would come from that

Agreed. As someone who loves post-apocalyptic movies, I have to say Fury Road is the best. Still one of my favorite series.

He got Annihilated by a truck morelike. He was super-dead.

Road Warrior/Fury Road
Mad Max

Power Gap

Thunderdome

>capitalist means sole dictator over all resources
Zoomers were a mistake

Without a fucking doubt.

Fair enough. You can make the argument either way. Still really neat the studio brought him back regardless

Yeah it was cool to recast him. But there's simply no way that he'd get sufficient medical treatment in Max's setting given the accident he was in, and the fact that he's some road-bandit cop-killer. Unless you want to posit that aliens beamed him up and rebuilt him.

At least they didn't recast this guy. It was sad and hilarious when he shows up in Commando looking like Freddy Mercury who'd been locked inside a Coldstone Creamery for a week.
>OP when gas hits $7 a gallon on the left.

Attached: Road Warror Wex.png (962x600, 873.42K)

Fury Road is the most polished and realized version of Mad Max, everything Road Warrior was and more
but I like Road Warriors story and characters more
my favorite is the first one because I personally love the b-movie vibes and toecutters gang
never seen Thunderdome

How come it’s well known that Fallout is a rip off of Road Warrior yet they never bothered to add vehicles

Mad Max has a ridiculous budget-to-box office ratio. Had the highest til the Blair Witch/Paranormal Activity found-footage trend.

You aren't missing much with Thunderdome, it's one of those movies where the studio decides a PG-13 budget will rake in more cash and it all goes wrong.

Attached: Max Budget.jpg (1378x848, 134K)

if a typical MCU movie had this ratio it would gross 100,000,000,000 (that's 100 billion dollars).