Moving to New York City in 2 weeks

>moving to New York City in 2 weeks
what are some NYC Kinos?

Attached: gettyimages-946087016-612x612.jpg (612x459, 61.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/28171399
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Which neighborhood?

9/11

taxi driver. its a filthy disgusting city

In the 70s lmao. Now it's like one big shopping mall for Chinese tourists.

Why are you moving to an empty city?

Dropping pennies off the empire state

mean streets is the superior movie. it's like clerks and friday with an old NYC as the backdrop.

>moving to the most densely populated city in america mere months before armageddon
could be kino

>In the 70s
70s were kino the rent was similar to detroit essentially.

Now we have the same problem but higher rent and gay pol correctness.

Little Manhattan

>moving to New York City in 2 weeks
why do you want to waste all your money on a shitty studio apartment?

do you know who lives there OP?

Attached: who lives there.jpg (896x811, 50.46K)

I just spent a week in NYC for first time. Stayed at an airbnb in brooklyn and the neighborhood looked like it could've been bad but it seemed safe enough. Though once I got on the subway heading towards manhatten to do shit my excitement turned to dread gradually. People are obviously caught up in their own lives but they all either look miserable or pissed, then in the actual city it feels like half of all people are literal foreigners who can barely speak english. Made every store experience very unpleasant. Also I love New York style pizza from other places but somehow in the actual city it was literally worse than most pizzas I've had and I tried 3 different locations. Central Park seemed like the nicest part but otherwise I felt this uneasy feeling inside me that this place shouldn't exist. Also I've been to most other major US cities and while they have their own problems I never had this uncanny sensation. My girlfriend acted like it was great at first but by day 4 she was struggling to find the merit. Question to New Yorkers, are the burroughs outside of Manhatten where the true NYC is? cause thats the only explanation I could come up with.

just watch seinfeld on repeat

One part I left out, I drove my car through the city in the middle of the day from the northwest side to get to my place in brooklyn and it took me 2 hours of bumper to bumper slow traffic driving but boy did it make me feel capable of driving like I'd never felt before.

if you're rich and have a social life nyc is the legitimately the greatest place on earth. otherwise its yeah it's an just an obscenely overpriced smelly meat grinder.

its a cosmopolitan city that lost all semblance of any personality or identity. its rome in the 4th century.

Escape From New York

I have heard countless old people tell me how, since the 2020 riots and pandemic, the city is now officially worse than it was even during the 70s and Dinkins.

this is 100% accurate.
t. long islander who got the fuck out

I lived in Bay Ridge for a while. Moved there after I turned 18 because NYC lmao. Was cool at first and I wouldn't trade the experience but after 6 months the charm wears off and the price sets in. Then you realize you can get that city vibe in any city. Then you suddenly are in an oregon mountain town of less than 5000 because fuck cities.

How I met your mother is probably millennial boomer kino at this point

The Other Guys

How the fuck does this city float? Like, if I put a paper plate in a tub full of water and then put a bunch of rocks on top of the plate, the plate will sink. Now imagine millions of tons of concrete. Shit doesn’t add up.

They're lying and you're a gullible retard. 70s NYC was a war zone.

Based retard

You weren't born yet. I shan't be taking your word for it.

They didn't board up half the businesses in the business district in the 70's, bro. Not that I feel sorry for the fucking bastards. NY could get nuked and I'd applaud.

It doesn't make sense.

vimeo.com/28171399

Attached: Twin Tower Cameos.jpg (480x360, 15.31K)

Who else finds the 9/11 attacks sexy and makes them horny?

Meh, I'd take today over the 70s when the mob was still around indiscriminately whacking people left and right.

Lots of neighborhoods in the outer boroughs are radioactive to this day because no developer would touch the areas with all the thousands of dead bodies buried down there.

Attached: top 5.jpg (300x168, 5.37K)

I just walked around my block and didn't get shot or even mugged. No strung out junkies on my stoop either.
I wish it was like Taxi Driver but it's not that interesting.

Frankenhooker
Friday the 13th part 8
Last Action Hero
Home Alone 2
Die Hard 3
American Psycho
Maniac
New York Ripper
plenty of others obviously but I have a love for slashers and action movies

>They didn't board up half the businesses in the business district in the 70's, bro
Yea cause if they did they would've been shot by the mob. You take retard gangs over organized crime 100% of the time