Is supposed to be a loser

>is supposed to be a loser
>owns a condo
>has a decent job
>has a son
>could get married but basically chose not to
the fuck?

Attached: 1645422475066.jpg (968x645, 37.75K)

if you can't seed the feed, don't sneed the sneed. simple as.

Standards have since degraded significantly

That's the bare minimum to be considered a functional person, if you don't have those you aren't even on the scale

he isn't quite a loser he's just a socially anxious freak
I've always wondered though, the show hints at a lot of things that happened before or between episodes. Mark and Jez are around 30 when the show begins, Mark graduated school presumably at 21. He isn't a virgin at the start of the series but it is never referenced who he has had sex with/what relationships he has been in before the show starts

I read that in his voice for some reason

Why did he let Jeremy sponge off of him so much? Was he really that lonely?

the 2000s were a different time bruv

Jeremy is his only friend, he's a pushover, and he likes lording over him
it's never said but someone like Jeremy gives someone like Mark something to talk about with to other people

He’s not a “loser” in the sense of like a current basement dwelling nerd

He is a smart guy that is socially awkward and neurotic and thinks very highly of himself despite being horrendously average

That's true. He definitely enjoyed being better than him.

He is a balding, fat office drone that has to pay alimony. If you don't think this is a loser, you are one, too.

>30 at the start of the show

Bruh what? They are like 26-28 max at the start of the show. A little older than college age or “first job” young people but they aren’t 30’s until a few season in

if i am real life Jeremy am i really that much of a loser? give it to me straight

Attached: okjuh.jpg (279x181, 5.85K)

the actors are 30 at the start of the show
and the characters are 40 at the end of the show. keep in mind that the series take place over a year or less, like series 9 is six months after series 8
there is no reason to think the show takes place in a period longer than 10 years and their ages aren't specified at the beginning so that's just your head canon which does not hold up to the chronology of the show

They are not supposed to be 30 when the show starts dude they are supposed to be mid 20’s

what are you basing that off of and why are you being so insistent about it
their age is never stated early on
the actors were 29 and 31 when the show began and those ages match with the later chronology of the series

>Owning a condo is the bare minimum to be considered a functional person
>1br half kitchen condos in 2022 are like 650k
no. and we all know you dont own a property.

or a son for that matter because you have never and will never, ever have sex

50% of all men failed at this minimum

And to top all that, he put his dick in the dub

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS
THIS IS CONTAGIOUS

The humour of Mark comes from his capacity for self-defeat. He doesn't 'have it all', but by all standards he should have a decent life; his neuroses lead to him rejecting obvious improvement every time.

i would too

Attached: 9494939.png (920x900, 97.84K)