So why did this movie do so poorly?

So why did this movie do so poorly?

It wasn't slow, it was straight forward, good performances, nice visuals, and have decent action scenes.

What else is the common theater-goer looking for?

Attached: MV5BMzVlMmY2NTctODgwOC00NDMzLWEzMWYtM2RiYmIyNTNhMTI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAzNzgwNTg@._V1_.jpg (1382x2048, 359.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/year/world/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What else is the common theater-goer looking for?

boxofficemojo.com/year/world/

Look at 1 and 2. They're both capeshit. I guess the answer is that people want the same thing over and over.

Who tf cares about vikings

Not the right fit for modern audiences

can't be bad word of mouth if nobody showed up to watch it

no people of color. representation matters like financially.

it was shit

It's literally all about marketing budget; the content of a movie makes zero difference, only how much is spent to push it.

I didn't realize it until the Half in the Bag review, but apparently it is shotakino. I will be purchasing a ticket tomorrow if it's still in theaters

It did USD 75 mil so far. It cost too much, that's all. It's kino.

i love how all the movies i like make people angry, not just critical but actually emotionally rattled. i dont enjoy things because they upset people, its just a pleasant aftertaste

It’s a middle of the road movie. It’s not even close to being a must watch for anyone. Why is everyone surprised?

Attached: F8A92C77-D7C5-4A01-B296-F2428E4BD93A.jpg (1271x1177, 688.33K)

this, the nonwhite masses just want to CONSUME. No one cares. They just want simple black and white moral stories which align with popular liberal morality today.
Fast and the Furious 36?
>Perfect.
Capeshit 421?
>Please more!
Star Shit 74: The sequel prequel?
>OH MY GOOOOOOOD!!!!

I didn't like his first two movies for one. This came off more like an artsy something than a viking epic, which I feel like I've seen a million times already btw.

This movie would gain at least 2/10 if they cut out all the stupid rituals and hallucinations. It was pretty fucking slow to get started and put me in a bad mood.

Nobody watches non-franchise shit on theaters anymore

I have a bad feeling that even if they tried to watch The Northman, they wouldn't enjoy it because it's so different to what they've been programmed to enjoy.
I don't really care because I enjoyed it and that's what's important.

Attached: The.Northman.2022.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.Atmos.x264-NOGRP.mkv_snapshot_01.48.24.498.jpg (1920x960, 942.05K)

>It wasn't slow
yeah it was. Pacing was brutally off. Also it’s plot was such a simple premise for a viking movie. I really expected something a little more clever from Eggers. It was genuinely disappointing

>It’s a middle of the road movie. It’s not even close to being a must watch for anyone
combine that with a long ass runtime and you have a recipe for disaster

they wouldn't like it for sure. My brother and his wife purported to "love viking stuff" didn't like it because it wasn't the juvenile black and white shit on the tv with the negress shield maidens (YAASSS QWEEEN!)

this is the most interesting and important part of the story you fucking retard. It's an exploration of what it actually meant to BE a pagan. What it meant to actually BELIEVE in their religion. How low IQ are you?

maybe if they worshipped jesus the movie wouldnt have flopped

Because people only pay to see reboots and sequels.

True, they should've put Israeli flags all over the posters and christcucks would pay hand over fist to get in there

it was fucking boring. People don't watch a movie with a ripped viking on the cover to see them crawling on the ground like dogs burping and farting.

Shill harder.

Attached: 1651365260557.jpg (1080x964, 165.43K)

whites are box office poison

Attached: box office.png (1368x851, 1.52M)

i just watched it, i liked it. i dont think its as good as apocaylpto though. i see the two movies being compared here which is why i bring it up.

>pagan larpers celebrating a movie where that shows how barbaric and weird viking culture was, then the main character kills tons of pagans, impregnates a Christian slave, then his daughter becomes Saint Olga, patron saint of converts

Attached: 1652420234232.jpg (1920x960, 314.17K)

>It wasn't slow, it was straight forward,
It was a solid 30 minutes too long and I say that as someone who enjoyed the whole ride. Can you really imagine the average moviegoer sitting through that much movie without Marvel quips to tide them over?