What makes a movie “art”?

What makes a movie “art”?

Attached: 56A603B5-109C-4BB4-8C50-0932D5EC70A0.jpg (828x1090, 483.47K)

Art is anything that isn’t that shit she mentioned

>Batman:TAS
>sophisticated
I’m all for hyperbole, but this is dumb

That guy still hasn’t killed himself?

Stupid or bad movies can sometimes be art. Capeshit, even if the capeshit is well done, cannot be art. The formula behind capeshit is maximizing mass appeal through inoffensive and bland to train viewers to become obedient consumers in order to create maximum profits. The motivation behind all of this is directly incompatible with the idea of art.

stop posting your own twitter shit here dude. no one cares

inoffensive and bland kitsch*

JOHN GET DOWN, THERE'S A SNIPER!

>she
I hate to tell ya, buddy...

It requires a certain je ne sais quoi.

Attached: deidara_critiques_itachis_art.jpg (1280x960, 251.7K)

>and anime
The tranny pipeline is real.

The trannies just love being wrong don't they?

>Stupid or bad movies can sometimes be art.
The Cell comes to mind for that category.

It goes without saying but Video games are not art, not a single video game qualifies as that.
I will not elaborate.

Videogames 100% not art, and only a minuscule selection of horror movies, cartoons, manga and anime pass the minimal qualifications, definitely not enough to redeem those entire genres of media.

The actual answer is art is whatever the creator considers to be art.
If you make something and you consider it to be art, then it's art. I think Sol LeWitt made that determination.
Of course, this confuses and enrages the republican.

if there is one vidya that approached being art, that's The Talos Principle, that damned thing left me thinking for days.

the vast majority of tv shows arent art either

Video games aren't art. They can contain art - pictures, music, and writing (bad writing), but those are all their own elements. A game is just a plethora of user actions that often contains artistic elements and that's it. Manga's literally just comics, and sure that can be art, but they mostly suck. Anime can of course be art, but it also mostly sucks. Marvel movies are part of the cinematography medium and in that regard, they have artistic elements, but I would never call these piles of regurgitated shit art. They're not exactly written and directed by people trying to get some profound message across, utilizing the most beautiful shots and methods they can muster to bring these morals to the screen. If you had a team for SFX and child writers, the end product would be the same.

Attached: capeshit.webm (640x272, 2.2M)

All that just to say that you are an uncultured peasant.

>Brianna Wu

Attached: 1652904664560.jpg (1200x800, 566.3K)

based.
plus the serious sam mode was kino

editing