Why were critics so hostile to the 2008 film Marie Antoinette, directed by the talented Sophia Coppola...

Why were critics so hostile to the 2008 film Marie Antoinette, directed by the talented Sophia Coppola, and starting the adorable Kiki Dunst as the historical figure of the same name?

Attached: F8F6531D-DA22-4014-B8FC-8B9108E1531D.jpg (750x419, 23.62K)

Because it whitewashed her. Apparently french don't like that. Also, some brainlets didn't like the style and contemporary music because they failed to see Coppola's intention to make her just a bit relatable.

>talented
>Sophia Coppola
Every movie she's been involved with is shit and she's one of the biggest nepotism hires in a business that thrives on nepotism.

It didn't whitewash anything, it presented the reality rather than the retarded bloodthirsty french antiroyal propaganda.

Bruh, it did. The movie literally presents her as someone who played no part in politics and had no fucking clue what even happened when they shipped them away from Versailles, which is objectively not true. Antoinette's being a retarded girl who just wants to have fun is just Coppola's fanfic. And this version might as well be propaganda.

I liked it

Whatever you wrote I won't read, I stopped at 'bruh.'

Cute cope. Either way, the whitewashing doesn't do the character any favors.Although Queen's Hamlet scenes are very fitting to this version of her and makes it twice as morbid.

Let me eat her ass.

I coomed to this shot so much in 08. Take me back.

why are you simping for some dead bitch? she was 20 years old when she became queen. she didnt know shit about nothing. women are eternal children. if you think she was some great mastermind why she dead? cause she was a dumb clueless broad.

also, this movie is kino. my 3rd girlfriend in highschool was obsessed with the aesthetics of this movie so i had to watch it a lot but she would play with my junk, sometimes with her feet, so it was all goood. 10/10 movie.

Nostalgia is for losers.

>zoom zoom making an absolutely abhorrent post.
you'll get there one day

It's true, you defeated little fag

no cap fr fr he be bussin' that zussy

shit bro, never seen anyone get so broken in by zoomer gen. imagine losing face to zoomers. sad!

>French royals apologist
shiggy

Based

For some reason newfags like to defend the French revolution?
It was a clever movie thematically that squanders the high concept of contemporaneous anachronism totally. Only good for the context of the tonal shift at the end.

>if you think she was some great mastermind why she dead?
Because she was born in 1755

Attached: 1652349488981.png (322x180, 78.06K)

This

A good chunk of the movie is her needing/trying to get pregnant and how the dauphin doesn’t want to have sex … which is all patently ridiculous unless the problem is premature ejaculation on her stocking’d toes.

He just wanted to make locks
If it took place today he would be posting here