Why did it fail?

Why did it fail?

Attached: header.jpg (780x455, 116.05K)

Too arty for the bros and too retarded for the kinoseurs.

>$70 million budget
>grossed $70 million in theaters, massive succes on VOD and won the British Production Guild Award (another $20 million for the studio)
It didn't fail.

Because Eggers' films only appeal to a niche audience. Simple as

Pretty sure a movie basically has to get back double their budget just to break even. I wanted it to do well but it was absolutely a flop, user

Low budget schlock.
>$70 million budget
>$69 million went to famous actors salary

that stupid fuckin alien chick that ruins every movie she's in. her fans or on briefag level too

It's probably still not a profit. It's too much of an art film for a lot of people. It's gold for history-dudes but we aren't a large audience. The average moron can't handle historicity.

not diverse enough

You have to be a real moron to give eggers $90 million and expect a return on your investment

The choreography in most of the fights was terrible. Slow and telegraphed.

Its probably the most successful Viking movie ever made

/thread

It didn't

this

Audiences don’t want to watch a fictional alt right fantasy film about a white Iceland.

Very good bait

It's it better than the 13th Warrior?

Nope.

Attached: the vikings 1958.jpg (1000x423, 136.84K)

It failed cause he added in some unnecessary plot lines and some foids that both can't act and aren't attractive. Could've been a fun revenge flick guys would watch decades later like Gladiator. But instead we got action scenes sprinkled between all this feminized bullshit. Just go get ahead of it all, I have had sex, no I won't have it again, I have touched grass and my brain is huge

i knew it was gonna be terrible from the trailer when the main character jumps from a high ledge and very clearly a harness

Yes

It's just Hamlet, while being advertised as an action movie. There's minimal action and most of the film is all in the imagination of the unreliable narrator main character.

>Ma, there comes a time in a viking's life when he has to face some facts, and one fact I gotta face is I don't wanna put on my rowing suit and sail all the way to some frozen island.

If it weren't for the no singles policy this film would've easily made over $1 billion

Wasn't interested in vikings
Not a pagan faggot