So Disney buys the rights to Star Wars—one of the most recognizable media franchises in history...

So Disney buys the rights to Star Wars—one of the most recognizable media franchises in history, totally destroys every last character in the franchise (which was highly character driven), utterly fails to create any momentum via memorable new characters or interesting stories to replace the old ones who drove the franchise, and is now sitting there with their thumbs up their asses not even a decade later looking at their ROI and seeing that they haven’t even come close to doubling their initial investment with absolutely no way to dig themselves out of their hole.

How is it possible for a corporation of this size to be so bad at making films/television series?

Attached: obi-wan.jpg (1175x1763, 427.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UxKojvQqI0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Obi Wan is shit but dude just get over it

>How is it possible for a corporation of this size to be so bad at making films/television series?

people who run corporations are the opposite of artistic. it's happened before and will happen again.

Attached: bezos storytelling methodology.jpg (2018x1822, 366.27K)

(((They))) did it all on purpose.

How many threads do you need kid? You Anonymous. Nobody loves or remembers you for the time you waste here.

please keep star wars discussion to your containment thread

I just thin Leia is cute and funny which is why I keep watching, also I don't take this shit series so I can just laugh about stupid scenes, bad story writing, etc. Disney doesn't see a cent from me either, nobody does. I pirate everything.

But Disney's shit can't even follow those simple things he listed there.

remember when they made ghostbusters into some weird bitter feminist movie that nobody liked
haha
and the producer behind it kept her job just like kathleen does

Pretty sad that Disney shills actually exist

>highly character driven
lol, try watching something not made to make a billion once in a while

and neither will the LOTR show.
because the people who make the decisions can't actually recognize those things except when they are direct copies of things that already exist.

e.g. Obi Wan has to have him taking care of a child because that's what Mandalorian did, and it was popular, so fuck it just do the exact same thing again.

Bezos thought he could just clone bits of LOTR and have the same effect, Disney thought the same about Star Wars. they're linear thinkers.

apply for janitor if you're so worried about it you stupid nigger

I mean that the reason it survived the test if time originally is because of the main characters not that it is a complex bildungsroman

>lists off things that are blatantly and instinctually obvious to any novice writer
>underlings suck his dick for it

Maybe this is just it, pure contraselection and lack of criticism.

>I just thin Leia is cute and funny which is why I keep watching

Found the pedo

evil can not create

I'm liking the show and think some of the criticism is pretty meaningless. I mean Leia chase scene and her being all over the place in terms of speaking like an adult is not that big of a deal really. The inquisitor woman is obviously going to lose and is supposed to be insufferable. My actual issue with the show is how Obi-wan hasn't been training and the lightsaber duel. Everyone wants to see a proper rematch and in stead they seem to be steering towards filling the gap to tie in with the slow pace of the OT. I really hope they build up to one proper fight like in the PT.

this is the only logical answer, every single piece of media they make seems calculated just enough to please subscribers/box office while performing iconoclasm on a corner stone of american scifi mythology

Reminder that Leia attended a fart wedding and it's canon under Disney.

youtu.be/UxKojvQqI0g

Attached: y5jiybec6c511.png (1524x666, 1.08M)

i can only come to one conclusion: it has to be intentional.