HBO brings back crime drama kino

>HBO brings back crime drama kino
>nobody cares anymore
what went wrong?

Attached: 1631386356485.jpg (1425x1000, 236.77K)

he one people would care about is hbo max bait

both of these shows had plenty of threads. fuck off

Tokyo Vice had a great pilot, but I couldn't handle the massive drop in production quality without Mann behind the camera in subsequent episodes.

I watched the first episode of We Own This City and it was good but it was losing me when they went to the black female journalist several times and the scenes are basically one big giant "here's what happened in the past."
It worked with Carcetti in The Wire because you had so much other stuff going on. Felt like the street stuff was really underdeveloped but like I said, only watched the first episode.

The Wire fucking mogs these shows even 20 years later. Of course nobody would care.

we own this city is pretty good though

Exactly why I dropped it

as if the first episode had any real Mann

that michael mann episode was so damn good. both shows are worth a watch if you got nothing else to watch. The Offer is better than both.

I don’t watch HBO anymore, unsubbed. Everything is so samey and predictable now. Millennials are completely stagnant, Gen X wants to appeal to millennials either for money or to feel younger/good and zoomers have developed entirely under millennial influence. Everything feels the same and easy to see through. The left side kind of sucks shit now, you know?

>wire but preaching for the blm era
yawn

ok Schumer

>NOOOOO YOU CANT JUST STEAL FROM DRUG DEALERS THATS ILLEGAL!!!!!
Wayne Jenkins did nothing wrong.

Tokyo vice was pretty kino. We own this city looks pretty shitty on the other hand

It's actually pretty fair.

Tokyo Vice was kino, enjoyed it. It's a meritorious show.

We Own This City on the other hand is pure fucking trash. The Wire is one of my all-time favorite shows but this has 0% of The Wire's soul. It's just "WHITE PEOPLE BAD, THE SHOW" unironically, whereas The Wire would showcase the nuance on both sides of an issue and would still portray the criminals as fucking CRIMINALS doing SHITTY THINGS, We Own This City just takes a massive, never-ending dump on the Baltimore Police and rightfully so, they fucking suck, but I feel like the show has such a strong bias that it's become unpalatable to me. All of the characters come across as boring two-dimensional archetypes. There's nothing fresh in the show, it feels like a show where the creator has become so separated from his own original vision that he's forgotten why people loved The Wire in the first place.

Attached: straight left.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

I don't give a shit.
Where is my Hannibal S4?

Attached: dining with dr lecter.jpg (1920x1080, 826.82K)

The Offer has been excellent

>We own niggertown

I watched few episodes and it was somewhat entertaining. But i literally started to loosing a plot with all them flashbacks, flashforwards, etc.

Yes? It's drenched in his filming style. Are you retarded?

I remember Simon's blog post on Trayvon and when he kept circlejerking with Obama, that's when I knew he was too far gone and then Treme was boring garbage. The man is an actual negrophile despite his city being so ravaged by niggers and he became an official DNC shill with an insane ego as his talent waned, or perhaps it was all due to Burns and others. Look up who directed WOTC and it's very different from The Wire directors who were old school TV mercenaries, it's a younger black guy who started his career by making a Trayvon inspired project, that's all you need to know about why he got that job.

i didn't get that at all. maybe i should rewatch it

And Tokyo Vice was real cash in the beginning. But then it loose its tempo and became like a completely different tv series. I fastforwarded all whore moments. And it still was boring.

More Ken, more Colon cancer boss. But make him really frightening. I thought hes real boss but then he started to act as a pussy. With that superboss, and when he tried to threat Ken family. Say what, nigger? Mafia boss dont act like that. He knows hes on a wire 24/7.

BS

but the crooked cops were also black the whole city is crooked

The Wire had soul precisely because of Burns and others. They had insights that gave the stories life and depth that this fat hack couldn't conceive of in his wildest dreams