Upcoming films you're actually looking forward to

Upcoming films you're actually looking forward to.

Attached: crimes_of_the_future_ver5_xlg.jpg (1013x1500, 285K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt5198890/
i.imgur.com/sVsXukr.mp4
artforum.com/print/202206/amy-taubin-talks-with-david-cronenberg-about-crimes-of-the-future-88615
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just got out of the theater. I think I got filtered. Enjoyed it but I definitely didn't "get it". Also there is underage male nudity that I'm not sure how they got away with. Tame by cronenberg standards, Viggo was the best part. Wouldn't watch again lol. 3/5.

The writing felt off.
Concept was really solid but I felt it wasn't properly executed. Some actors weren't that good and the plot felt rushed near the end.

I think what made it good to me was how the plot/written was badly executed (I think it was not intended though)
Like, the fact that the plot unfolds in a weird way, with weird pacing, made it even more an "experience" to me
A few things I didn't understand:
- why did the 2 girls start killing people near the end ? where they the infiltrated agents?
- why did the subplot of "inner beauty contest" go nowhere?

imdb.com/title/tt5198890/

The important part
i.imgur.com/sVsXukr.mp4

Yeah, lot of dropped plot points. Were they even important? It was just cool to see Viggo

gotta love the french actresses

yes as I said I thought that the botched plot enhaces it
like the fact that at some point it drift into detective story, with the fact that Saul Tenser is a double agent etc

Attached: 2022 to watch.jpg (946x3441, 910.26K)

i thought the plot structure was similar to that of cronenberg's other film, naked lunch

>AT:I read an interview you gave about your novelConsumed[2014]. You said that narrative has endured for thousands of years because it allows the pleasure of a second identity. The narrative in this film is so fragmented that the pieces barely connect into a plot, even though the minor characters seem to be plotting against one another. And yet one strongly identifies with the couple at the center—as perhaps the last human couple. Did you think about downplaying everything except the partnering of Saul and Caprice?

>DC:I guess it’s the way one lives one’s life. The narrative is only apparent after the fact. It’s not there while you’re living it. So in a way, this may be my version of subjective filmmaking. That’s all I can imagine, really.

>DC: At what point can you no longer claim to be a person or a human? This question is certainly in the film. And when you talked about the narrative crumbling, it’s interesting because it’s like the narrative is coming from the inside of the body now, as if the new organs that Saul’s body generates are episodes in a streaming series. Saul is trying to understand the narrative that his body is telling him. And there’s the guy with the extra ears who is performing his dance of oblivion and disappearing humanity.All the artists in the film, like any artist, are trying to do something in the face of the pressure of what it is to be human, of the human condition, and gallantly but inevitably failingly as they try to understand, interpret, and shape that narrative.

artforum.com/print/202206/amy-taubin-talks-with-david-cronenberg-about-crimes-of-the-future-88615

Mwaahaaa the French

Attached: 1529528638662.jpg (1280x1703, 311.42K)

>Upcoming
It's not, it's out today

The Black phone

Attached: 1651195671559.jpg (400x400, 27.14K)

she's perfect

>Crank 3
>Raid 3
>Sicario 3

I prefer Kstew

Attached: Kristen Stewart, Viggo Mortensen - Crimes of the Future (2022).webm (800x422, 2.78M)

Is she the new Eva Green?

Dune 2
Nosferatu

This probably isn't even coming out in my shithole of a country, and even if it does it'll play in one cinema for a week for one showing a day.

a minority report sequel?

Pure sex

Mission Impossible

this right here

Attached: E30891CC-C41B-4395-892F-4AB74B2DE8B5.jpg (1080x1600, 531.29K)

I guess so

Attached: Eva Léa.jpg (1010x834, 231.02K)