Build a moon sized starbase that exists solely to blow up planets

>Build a moon sized starbase that exists solely to blow up planets
Why? What about all their resources? What about trade routes?

Attached: Death Star.jpg (1472x816, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKII7lNsVIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What was their tax policy?
What did they eat?
What do they wipe their ass with?

It's a terror weapon. They only need to demonstrate its power once. Its mere existence will be enough from then on.

Well yeah but with the money, time and manpower you poured into making it you could've had a way more effective military force to respond to situations that are more nuanced than "DO AS WE SAY OR WE BLOW UP YOUR PLANET".

I mean, what if the empire really needs some rare metal you can only find on one planet and the people know this? They're gonna call their bluff.

who cares in a galaxy filled with fucking planets . Fear and the destruction of the rebel scum if far more valuable

>what if the empire really needs some rare metal you can only find on one planet
Blow up planet, collect the chunks floating around space

NO LUKE THERE'S STRONG BLACK WOMEN IN THERE

Attached: 126B32B9-C7E7-46B9-BFAD-E083A7B415EA.gif (480x270, 2.8M)

there were imperials who thought it wasn't such a good idea, but tarkin insisted on it and he was a grand moff

A grand moff?

Wasn't there some EU thing where it was made to fight some giant space bugs from outside the galaxy?

I think destroying a planet is pretty effective for scaring people, no fleet could do that

Yes. Gideon is a Moff too

Attached: Moff_Gideon_Star_Wars.jpg (244x353, 17.55K)

You understand its a reference to nukes, which we spend billions of dollars on and do nothing but sit in silos.
But I do sort of agree, the empire could have made a neutron bomb that kills everyone while leaving the buildings intact.

What's a moff?

>Emperor and the Force sense a threat looming from beyond the known galaxy
>Galactic Empire political consolidation and the creation of clone troopers to man super weapons puts it on war footing to meet the threat head on
>Insurgent warfare of the Rebels is also useful experience in preparation
At least in the EU arc. It's impractical to police everywhere at once. Better to have the threat of Death Star on call to put down hot spots, with regional fleets as quick reaction forces.
youtube.com/watch?v=wKII7lNsVIE

>But I do sort of agree, the empire could have made a neutron bomb that kills everyone while leaving the buildings intact.
How does that work?

please keep star wars discussion to your containment thread

I guess it's like a military rank. Like lieutenant or something.

I dunno, what's a moffo with you?

The Yuuzhan Vong?

All of the smart Higher-ups like Thrawn that it was a retarded idea and they should've spent all the money on a bigger fleet instead.

They used it at least twice though.

Attached: 3aa214f78c814ad201b62064cd7c2320 (1).jpg (500x520, 42.36K)

In real life it doesn't it was just propaganda, but it didn't stop sci fi writers from writing it that way.

>Why?
Because it's cool

No no it's perfectly fine to have 10x STAR WARS threads up at once. You talk about an actor's career though or overrepresentation in movies? That's not allowed.

>What about all their resources?
Easier to mine once the planet it a zillion chunks, especially the iron core.

>What about trade routes?
Travel will be even faster along the intergalactic bypass once the planet is out of the way.

The armchair generals who say the Death Star is impractical are the same people who say that ground warfare is unnecessary because interstellar societies should just bomb planets.

Attached: 1602978043865.jpg (1456x1887, 257.53K)

>ground warfare is unnecessary because interstellar societies should just bomb planets.
Well? Why not?

Waste of potential real estate.

Because usually you want to govern the planet still after its resistant populace has been wiped and not a smoldering crater. 40k do exterminatus sometimes sure, but that's only when daemonic corruption makes planets totally unsalvageable, usually

Attached: Exterminatus-bombardment.jpg (700x389, 51.2K)

DUNCED

>100 threads about one documentary, capeshit, and waifus are fine
>WTF THERE'S MORE THAN ONE THREAD ABOUT STAR WARS, GO BACK TO YOUR CONTAINMENT BOARD!!!!!!!

It was just a mining station intended to break up dead planets to make bite sized morsels for processing minerals.

Attached: Qwi_Xux.jpg (295x417, 131.93K)

Droid armies are for bigots and fascists who don't want to pay taxes.