What went wrong?

Attached: TheManySaintsOfNewarkPoster.jpg (259x385, 72.69K)

False advertising

How so?

We pretend this never happened.

Should have just focused on Tony growing up. That's all we wanted as sopranos fans. Instead they made a barely mediocre run of the mill mob movie.

They also added far too many black people to the story. Black criminals were not even a big part of the sopranos series so it was a weird decision to make. They even had the Italian girl fuck the black guy for (((reasons)))

It's not a good movie

Chantix

Ray liottas last movie. Shameful

It felt all over the place to me

BLM CRAP

Didn't give us anything insightful or compelling about Tony Soprano

>jammed way too much shit into 2 hours
>first half was a story about a literal who that dickie dealt with, no one gives a fuck
>dickie's father is in the film because liotta wanted a cameo? idk, completely pointless character
>gandolfini's acting was just as bad as expected
>johnny boy's actor sucked
>sil and pussy were way older than tony for no reason whatsoever
>dickie's reason for being killed was a gay callback to the series
>shot with digital cameras, completely soulless look
just an embarrassment all around.

he he yo Ton did ya see this thread he he

Attached: newark paulie.gif (540x330, 1.5M)

More than half the movie is a message about BLM and cops bad

>cops bad
correct. they don't even fucking show up anymore in my city because they're a bunch of whiny faggot babies. arrests are down an insane amount compared to 2020. so it's as if they don't even fucking exist.

Why would they do their job when making a mistake means they will go to jail and be destroyed?

BEEP BASEBALL FOR BLIND KIDS

That's irrelevant to the movie if I wanted to know cops bad I could just watch a 3 minute YouTube vid I don't even disagree that cops are bad but nogs are just as bad or worse

The film is dishonest because it's not about Sopranos it's just a driving factor to push the agenda of black ppl good cop bad

What didn't?

No Tony B

they tried doing 3 things at once
>prequel about Dickie and Tony's fawtah
>story about how Tony became Tony
>racism towards THESE BLACKS
and it shouldn't have, it should've been either Tony's rise in the mob, or Dickie, John, Juniah, and the other old guys during their prime.
also why did they make Sil developmentally disabled? it was an interesting direction but I don't really get why they changed that about him.

and they shouldn't have*

>What went right
This abomination forced people to reexamine David Chase's 'genius' and realize he merely got lucky with the original show. He was only talked out of casting Steven Van Zandt as Tony by intelligent HBO executives, and surrounded by great writing and acting talent the whole way.