I'm 25 and I've never seen Star Wars. Is it actually worth watching...

I'm 25 and I've never seen Star Wars. Is it actually worth watching? It feels like most of the craze is due to nostalgia.

Attached: star-wars-1977---a-new-hope---movie-poster-style-c-24-x36---portal-publications-ltd-1992--p-image-337118-grande.jpg (680x1024, 161.47K)

it really is just nostalgia and it being a cultural touchstone that people have in common. If you didn't see any prequels as a kid you really just aren't going to care. It's "worth watching" to the extent that most Americans have seen them, so you should too.

Watch it and find out, faggot

The original trilogy are fine films with some weak moments here and there.

Prequel trilogy is a trainwreck.

Disney movies are bland and awful.

The first movie is really entertaining, just don't bother with anything that comes after that

its pretty good

Alec Guinness makes the magic of the first experiment.

kek you're old

since you are a 25 yr old male, 1k bet that you like the prequels more than the OT.

The original trilogy is worth watching. I'm 25 as well. They're fun and have a lot of soul to them. The prequel trilogy is "so bad it's good" and I haven't seen the Disney trilogy.

It's not very good. Just skip it and watch gabage youtube reaction videos instead

it's worth watching the original trilogy to see what the fuss is about. they're fun movies with impressive effects for the time they were made. if you like the original trilogy for the gritty space aesthetic, i'd say skip the prequels. if you like the idea of jedi v jedi lightsabre fights, lots of laser gun blasty action and sweeping space adventures, you may want to give the prequels a watch. just note that the acting in the prequels is quite weak in parts, and the story does meander a bit and get into the politics of the star wars galaxy. if those are deal breakers for you, i'd skip them.

Dont bother
It's cringe reddit "nerd" shit

It's funny how zoomers like the prequels so much, I remember when they came out and everyome thought they were shit. I think it's all nostalgia when it comes down to it.. like I wonder if the next generation will enjoy shitty disney star wars the same way.

>still being milked commercially nearly 50 years later
Yeah, I'd say it's worth watching. In fact it's the only good Star Wars film.

part of the problem with the prequels is that they were a lot of cutting edge CGI instead of practical effects... which means that cutting edge looks absolutely garbage today, especially to people with no nostalgia goggles

The CGI in RotS still looks amazing though. That movie was ahead of its time, effects wise.

The dumbing-down programme clearly succeeded, so much so that zoomers can't even recognise a good film when they see one. There's no reason to think the process will stop any time soon.

>good guys vs bad guys in space, 70s style

It’s unwatchable. You are better spending that time masturbating or posting here.

I would agree except to say that 'trainwreck' is a more apt description of the Disney trilogy than any other set of films I can think of. The most interesting aspect to The Disney movies is trying to comprehend WTF they were thinking and how badly they managed to fuck up the franchise.

Prequels is George Lucas directing past his prime when drive and passion had faded, but he was still full of pretty cool sci-fi/space opera ideas. Prequels are full of interesting aliens and planets and ships and all that kind of Star Wars shit. His writing is far more competent than the Disney Sequels, but it's not very good.

Basically, I think the Prequels could have been good if Lucas had been able to get someone else to direct and give better feedback on the writing.

forgot to mention, don't bother watching the disney sequel trilogy. pure dogshit, all three of them. Rogue 1 is ok but has some major issues (they changed directors and reshot large swathes of the movie). it's probably the closest to the aesthetic/tone of the original trilogy as it's set like a week before th original 1977 movie, so it's worth a mention. unpopular opinion here but i really liked Solo, despite many retarded parts. it's a balls out star wars adventure, very little meta/decontructive bullshit. other than that, i'd recommend watching Mandalorian S1. it was so good that it turned my pure normie coworker, who had never seen a star wars film, into a star wars fanatic. i told him about the clone wars series and he ended up watching every fucking episode over the course of 6 months.

The prequels fuckin sucked.

No I was there when they were being released. Everyone made fun of it. It looks like clay at times.

It's a franchise for kids.
At least watch Return of the Jedi for its memed "I want more life, fucker!".

Attached: 1652463988876.png (600x407, 319.63K)

i won't sit here and say they're masterpieces, or even particularly GOOD movies, but they scratch a specific itch so i can't say i hate them. Lucas didn't just swing for the fences, he swung for the fucking moon and he really did make something completely unique. he just needed some hard-asses to reign him in like in the OT. again, i can't say they suck because watching the prequels is always fun for me. attack of the clones is admittedly hard to get through though, that one definitely does suck and i won't get to defend it at all (aside from obi vs jango and the ensuing chase, that part is great).