Affordable ikea furniture you buy and put together yourself is le bad

>affordable ikea furniture you buy and put together yourself is le bad

Attached: rs_685x1024-191014113838-634-fight-club-poster.cl.101419.jpg (685x1024, 343.5K)

ikea furniture is the epitome of soulless

>missing the point this hard
consumerism that borders on defining ones personality is bad and soulless

pleb take

Post furniture

>too dumb to even read the sparknotes

Attached: 1653271398099.jpg (400x534, 199.87K)

Most of my furniture is IKEA to be hornesto

the movie isn't really about consumerism at all, it's about how charismatic populists create situations where every mundanities seem evil and targeted, making young impressionable white men feel as if their culture is under attack and radicalizing them into committing terroristic attacks against a society whose worst crime was assuming they could handle adult life without spazzing out and becoming doomers.

Tyler durden is shown again and again to be a pastiche of a traditionally masculine personality who rails against all the things he himself does (a hypocrite in the truest sense). He claims that self-improvement is masturbation while sporting a body that very few could achieve without a personal trainer and nutritionist. He only wears flashy designer clothes that most couldn't dream of affording for casual wear while insisting that "you are not your clothes". He insists that his ultimate goal is to be self-sustainable and independent, hunting for his food where the vestiges of capitalism once towered, yet his daily life is spent in a parasitic manner feeding on that same capitalist structure to support himself. Arguably every action he takes is parasitic in nature; he's a user not unlike any other cult leader who makes demands that he himself does not follow. Palahniuk was ahead of his time in predicting the rise of bored, average young white males who would co-opt "railing against literally anything that exists in society" as their entire personality and would believe any outrageous lie as long as it confirms their perpetual victimhood, their desired social martyrdom.

Palahniuk wrote the character in sincerity though. Fincher adapted it as a dark comedy.

>young impressionable white men
zoomer take

Attached: niggareally.jpg (400x400, 19.91K)

he was just buying and assembling shit he had no real use for

Jewish hands typed this.

oh no, impressionable young white men are under attack, i'll be sure to call your local grocery stores and elementary schools and give them a heads up

Sure. Tell them to watch out for the feds

>predicting the rise of bored, average young white males who would co-opt "railing against literally anything that exists in society" as their entire personality and would believe any outrageous lie as long as it confirms their perpetual victimhood, their desired social martyrdom.

Ikea furniture isn't cheap at all, compared to alternatives. The main draw is that it's easy to transport, not that it's affordable.

That was back when Ikea was trendy among rich people instead of poor college students.

I'm brown lol nice try

>everything is about wyhte peple bad
pls stfu zoomer

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 1.25.33 PM.png (571x305, 302.61K)

pretty weak bantz billy, what's wrong. i thought you master race dorks weren't actually the less educated hillbilly types you pretend not to be.

anarchism is cringe but I give Fight Club a pass because at least its not culturally lefty anarchism