Is pic related true? Will we get a run of 90s or early 2000s nostalgia like we did with the 80s?

Is pic related true? Will we get a run of 90s or early 2000s nostalgia like we did with the 80s?

Attached: 1653867731402.jpg (1440x1248, 468.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aesthetics.fandom.com/wiki/Y2K
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nostalgia is gross and manipulative. people need to grow the fuck up and move on. there's nothing innovative about any of this shit, it's just stagnation.

>remembering periods of time fondly is gross and manipulative
Okay

Turning Red was early 2000's nostalgia so yes that trend is probably starting

For me? It's 2007-2012.

Attached: efc55123e57819970cb3253d55d071a7.jpg (600x600, 94.47K)

Judging by what the kids wear, we're already into 90's nostalgia.

yes dumbass exploiting that feeling is manipulative

yes. you can see a lot of 00's revivalism on Instagram and whatnot

Honestly I dont see 90s or early 2000s nostalgia catching on. Just no one seems to care for those decades, and honestly? I dont fucking blame them. The 80s might be the last decade people feel nostalgic about. Its kinda like how there wasnt ever a period of 70s nostalgia, it was a shitty decade.

I dont have instagram so i wouldnt know. I mean I guess I see maybe some 90s grunge shit that is coming back around. Overall it doesnt seem like its hitting as hard as the 80s stuff did. Like that shit lasted for years it seems.

the zoomers are now around 18-20 so they're getting nostalgic for shit they can't remember. but you are definitely right, i don't think it'll hit as hard as the 80s unless zoomies start unironically start pop punk bands or something

oh there will definitely be 90s nostalgia, it's just people are still relatively young for that

sneed

You're living under a rock, teens are literally aping early 2000s stuff right at this moment. 90s nostalgia already came and went. Fashion is a good indicator of where the collective nostalgia is at.

yup its called the y2k aesthetic

aesthetics.fandom.com/wiki/Y2K

god that girl is hot.

70s nostalgia was big in the 90s, there was even a tv show called that 70s show

really? she's an aggressively average black girl. see them everywhere.

People born in '85 (and therefore got to experience basically the entirety of the 90s) are damn near 40 now. Also the nostalgia run of the 80s captured alot of people who werent even born in that decade or at least not old enough to really remember it. Ig maybe thats the kicker, people born in the 2000s will bring about a wave of 90s nostalgia. But then again 80s nostalgia is big for people who experienced that decade. Meanwhile people who experienced the 90s or early 2000s dont really seem to care for the decade. Anyways all rambling aside, there have already been a few attempts at 90s nostalgia shit, but it went nowhere. I guess the success of That 90's Show might be the determining factor on if we have a run of 90s nostalgia.

>90s nostalgia came and went
When? The 80s shit is just now coming to a close and yet 90s has already come and gone? That kind of proves my point desu.

Ill give you That 70s Show. But honestly thats about all there was (inb4 Austin Powers) it still wasnt nearly as prominent as the 80s nostalgia kick has been.

Nostalgia cycles used to come in waves but now we're culturally in a state of suspended animation as we can see from the 80s nostalgia going on for several decades already and without signs of stopping. I think the future will just be fake nostalgia for bits and pieces of various eras recombined into mutant chimeric forms. I wish Mark Fisher was still alive so he could comment on this more than he did

Kek fucking imagine stranger things set in the fucking 2000s
>instead of DnD they play ig smash bros?
>Max is a scene girl
>favorite song to escape Vecna is some Blood on the Dance Floor or some garbage like that
Fucking cringe desu

Yeah, Gen X is getting older and the younger generations are going through their nostalgia phase at the moment. Which is why you see shit like old Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon, old-school Runescape, Harry Potter and clothing revivals being talked about frequently on social media.

>Harry Potter
This never stopped being popular since the movies first came out
>old school RS
Fucking what? Like original 2-D runescape? I dont really see much runescape nostalgia outside of very specific circles.
>old cartoon network/nickelodeon
Yeah i see this. Also Adult Swim. But thats about the limit of it.

The 90s were peak comfy for Western civilization and it's impossible to capture that. We'd just won the Cold War and no one was jaded so something like the Yugoslav wars seemed like a giant crisis to us. It was pretty much "everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" the decade.

(Also, 90s nostalgia already exists in things like Jurassic World and promoting the Simpsons movie by turning 7/11s into Kwik-E-Marts to promote a summer movie).