They did it, they made a worse duel than Obi-Wan vs Vader in ANH

They did it, they made a worse duel than Obi-Wan vs Vader in ANH
How does Disney keep doing it?

Attached: kenobi-vs-darth-vader.jpg (1200x552, 25.05K)

9 year old me fighting my little brother for the vidya controller:

Attached: 1654150924281.webm (950x534, 651.74K)

>a worse duel than Obi-Wan vs Vader in ANH

Attached: 1234222425.jpg (599x800, 76.66K)

evil can not create

>back to shitty old man OT style saber fights
>OMG SO CLASSIC AND NOSTALGIC

Never seen this show but it would impossible to make a fight worse than the one in ANH.

This particular shot is fine because it shows Vader is just toying with Obi-Wan (fighting with one arm and choosing to intimidate him rather than go for a killing blow), but so much of the rest of it was so awkwardly staged and shot, it's like a very high budget fan film. But curiously low-budget television, you'd think they'd put more money into this.

>the virgin two handed wimp
>the chad one handed warrior

OTboomers killed SW.

I want Al Pacino to play the Emperor.
He will be Pal Patino

>But curiously low-budget television, you'd think they'd put more money into this.
Disney have shown they aren't putting any fucking budget into Star Shit shows that aren't the Mandalorian
Even in Boba's own fucking show the CGI and action scenes suddenly got 101293012930219301293 times better when the money making character showed up while the rest of the series was stuck with Rodriguez's hack 2010's filmography style "film making"

nice bait, faggot.

The entire fight is like that. Vader just wants to make Obi-Wan suffer. That's why he left him go.

I didn't really see this as a duel. Obi-Wan is trying to escape and is forced to use his saber, purely defensively

But they didn't even.
I would respect going back to the kendo roots and having mind games with very little spectacular swordplay, but this is just pathetic.

>They did it, they made a worse duel than Obi-Wan vs Vader in ANH
shut the fuck up, zoomer

It's very poorly staged, and the music is a fucking nothingburger, the fact is people can only -assume- that Vader let him go, because the alternative (that he couldn't overcome a tiny little fire) is that much more retarded. It all feels like very little money went into it

At some point in that stance the (((saber))) touchs his shoulder, absolute shameful work of the stunt choreographer.

For the show that is essentially a chase-movie Lucasfilm picked the most wrong candidate to direct it. Director just sucks at staging and executing thrilling action/chase sequences. My normie girlfriend who doesn't care about star wars and is not a film buff type at all told me that the show felt "awkward" and "amateurish". That made me sure that the show is objectively shitty

I know it's stupid, but they have to try to bridge that gap. The difference between the PT saber fights and the OT fights is just as jarring as the difference in tech.
They'll also probably explain away the force at some point. Vader is knocking fuckers around with the force the whole time. At some point, after all of the jedi are dead, sheev will turn on force sensitive users in general and tell Vader to chill chill chill

Disney knows that a lot of Star Wars "fans" are just normies who don't care about quality so long as they're watching Star Wars. Why would they bother putting money into their shows? Even GOT fans openly complained about their favorite show noticeably going to shit, and they're retarded normies, too. Star Wars fans are even below them.

>we got school kid boinking another kid with a baseball bat repeadeatly instead of good duel because plot reasons

You are retards, both of you

>because the alternative (that he couldn't overcome a tiny little fire)
Who even thinks this, unironically? He literally started the fire himself.

He quite literally built a castle in a lava planet.

Attached: ANAKEEN.jpg (1600x1200, 139.64K)

Obi Wan was un trained and terrified.

I LIKED IT!!

whatsammatter kiddo? not enough dutch angles? not dynamic enough? NOT ENOUGH LENS FLARES???????

This is what action directed by women looks like

>I know it's stupid, but they have to try to bridge that gap
No they don't. The only fight in the original trilogy that can be considered bad is Obi-Wan vs Vader, even then in context it's fine because Obi-Wan isn't trying to kill Vader but to give Luke enough time to escape. There didn't need to be a 15 minute le epic duel.

REVENGE OF THE SITH IS THE BEST STAR WARS FLICK

>and he was a good friend

whatever to feel they put efforts into making it good
which they clearly didnt do

>Why would they bother putting money into their shows?
Because people with standards drive engagement, and if the bottom drops out it's these people keep you going. It's not a question of 'fan service', but craftsmanship. And they don't have or care about what the creator of it cultivated. What you're left with is cargo cultish empty gestures for references and callbacks, leatherface fan service with the veneer of authenticity which is transparently fake to all but the most retard ape that will probably drop it for the next flavor of content onions anyways.

>Even GOT fans openly complained about their favorite show noticeably going to shit, and they're retarded normies
A high enough percentage of them dropped off after the finale when it was finally clear it wasn't getting turned around; and most "got it" with the Sand Snakes appearance. Merchandising cratered so spectacularly it will be studied in the future, along with nu-Star Wars'.