True Detective

Just finished season 3, story wise I felt it was almost as good as season 1. I skipped season 2 because I heard it's bad, but I'm going back to it right now.

True Detective thread. Who is your fav character? For me, probably Rust. I love the bromance between the duo each season. It's the heart of the show. What's your dream cast for season 4? Don't mean to be a fag but please use spoilers if talking about season 2.

Attached: p16252651_b1t_v13_aa.jpg (2160x2880, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mjg43nzSYck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

season 2 is far better than season 3, Caspere knew this

1>3>2

First episode
>protagonist is black
Turn off

>I skipped season 2 because I heard it's bad
>watched season 3 anyway
You fucking fag.

It is pound for pound probably the best television drama ever produced in my opinion. Every season is pure kino and don't let anyone tell you different. I've yet to hear a single criticism of the second or third seasons that isn't pants on head retarded.

The scene between old man Hayes and old man Roland on the porch gets me every time.
>C’mon, stir some shit up with me. 70-year-old black man going batshit crazy, running around with a badge and a gun? You don't wanna miss that.
>Well, I could use a laugh.

season 2 is pants on retarded compared to how real the 1st was. i remember many eyerolls because i went into it expecting another season 1 (in terms of immersion) even though i can't itemize (it's been like a decade) i remember that it felt like a knockoff
never even bothered to see season 3 after that, it should be telling enough

>i went into it expecting another season 1
And there's your mistake.

>Life is like a race. Hell of it is, Ray? My car is out of gas and I don't even have a drivers license

Attached: frank2.jpg (650x433, 113.01K)

my point was season 1 is great and 2 is not
what was your point?

Dem keeds

Attached: true-detective-rewview.jpg (3000x2000, 3.52M)

That Season 2 is great and people disliked it purely because it wasn't a carbon copy of Season 1.

retard, you just made the point that expecting another season 1(great) was a mistake because season 2 (is not great), you just made this point
you are a numbskull, have one final you on me

>Just finished season 3
NIGGER are you me? I finished it like 20 mins ago

Attached: 03v10.jpg (828x396, 25.01K)

Velcoro is my favorite. Season 2 was amazing

What are you, autistic? I was aware of the point you were trying to make. I'm not obligated to take your statements in the spirit they were intended, especially when I can so easily turn them around on you in order to point out how they unintentionally reveal your ignorance.

Season 2 stole a lot of shit fromThe Big Nowhere by James Ellroy

is this chink ai?

>I skipped season 2 because I heard it's bad
this is so reatarded lmao
>oh because people on the internet sayed it's bad I skipped it hurp durp
how about you make your own opinion?
Watch 2 or 3 episodes and see for yourself if you like it.

>but I'm going back to it right now.
but why? People told you it sucks and now you're suddenly not beliving them anymore???
Wtf is wrong with you?

youtu.be/mjg43nzSYck
Season 2 soundtrack is unmatched. I liked every protagonist in it, including the god warrior. Frank and Ray had a great relationship and McAdams was at her cutest. I unironically liked it more than season 1.
I liked season 3 as well, but kinda hated how Roland gets pushed to the sidelines. It's not a two-man show anymore. Still, I sometimes catch myself thinking about that shot of Purple Haze going into the forest. I think it means that he has finally lost himself to his old memories.

Attached: 60hgbkk0ymi21.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

Okay now you're just saying full-blown gibberish.

Based dem kids poster

Season 4 has been announced by the way. However, Pizzolato is not involved in any way, so it might be an abomination. Jodie Foster is rumoured to be the lead.

Attached: JodieFoster.64402.jpg (3500x2280, 525.64K)