Why did they degrade and humiliate the main character?

Why did they degrade and humiliate the main character?
I just want to have fun stories about space samurai.
This show isn't fun.

Attached: d3a5208ea930551b00cd6fbc325879fb.jpg (640x479, 23.03K)

Young obi with Qui-gon going on silly missions through the galaxy was what i wanted

yoousa hatted jaar jaar messa sad thinkings bout that

Attached: jar jar.jpg (2000x1000, 151.69K)

Uh, Obibros?

Attached: Obi-Wan IT'S OVER.jpg (3750x2814, 2.46M)

I honestly liked Jar Jar and spent my life being bullied by the hivemind into not liking him because everyone else did. And now is the time to stand up and say...I thought he was funny and George knew what I wanted in a star wars film.

Thank you Mr Lucas for giving us some good kino.

Attached: lucas.jpg (474x307, 26.57K)

Yeah I mean I've been through a lot of bad shit and I'll probably kill myself before too long. But it didn't turn me into a faggot. Why is he a faggot now?

>Luke did I ever tell you about that time Darth Vader almost killed me in a poetic justice was for leaving him to burn alive after almost killing him?....and he was a good friend.

Attached: ObiOne.jpg (373x345, 22.88K)

Obi Cuck Kenobi

>the force... the force has changed

>Why is he a faggot now?
maybe he likes it.

>Obi Cuck Kenobi
all jedi are though

>implying Obi was a winner at the end of RoTS
In terms of combat, sure, but he lost everything else. Would you rather him be an emotionless Gary Stu without struggle? He never was.

Careful user, you’re sounding kind of racist there.

Because the writers have heard the concept of character development and then saw that there wasn't enough to expand on between RotS and ANH.
So they have to do their damnedest to force some kind of deep character conflict into it even if it is retarded and stupid.

He never was one to give up or be a coward but this show changed that.

if the writers had been actually competent they would've used Kyle Katarn as a formular for the losing your jedi powers arc.

Attached: 20070617kyle1.jpg (424x245, 17.16K)

In what world a show called Kenobi is totally not about him, but instead giving some third rate character no one cares about a redemption arc? No one gives a shit about some angry, unhinged inquisitor who will invariably turn good.

I would have given him a stronger ethical core than 'leave a man who needs help to die'.

I didn’t mind so much that he would disconnect himself from the force’s Wi-Fi to avoid detection, but having him watching over Luke while being completely useless at fighting is retarded.

Even without the force Kenobi should be a highly trained individual with unreal amounts of experience who has done and seen it all more or less. He was a general for crying out loud.

He hasn’t practiced anything in a decade and doesn’t even have the mental clarity to properly use the force. The show hasn’t degraded or humiliated him anymore than the ending of RoTS did (so far, at least). We’re just witnessing the aftermath and how he bounces back.

I’m not defending what we’ve seen of Reva or some of the action scenes, but Obi’s arc isn’t an issue.

are you actually that fucking retarded or is this just lazy bait? whatever here's your (you)

He's on the run and in hiding from a galactic empire, pretty much like all the Any Forums posters, do you think they're happy and normal?

To be fair, he is still competent against basic enemies from what we’ve seen in episode 3. The fist fight against the mooks in episode 2 was rough, but I guess they’re trying to show the rust coming off over the course of the series.

>I just want to have fun stories about space samurai.
>This show isn't fun.

I can guarantee you none of the show makers have ever seen a single Kurosawa samurai film. It's so obvious that new creators are not on the same wavelength as old creators who made the series to begin with. They are on their phones 24/7 so more in line with twitter world than classic cinema or myth.

That's probably true. Though the Mandalorian had hints of Lone Wolf and Cub.

The Mandalorian also had Filoni on board, who understood Star Wars' influences.