Which version is best?

Which version is best?

Attached: cover.jpg (551x700, 280.04K)

speilberg movie is still best and legitimately unnerving outside of the shitty 3rd act

What did she mean by this?

Attached: 1654229109223.jpg (2025x3000, 2.18M)

As a kid I saw both the old movie and heard the radio drama(?). the movie scared me the most as a kid because they put a "form" to the aliens and aliens will never not scare me.
actually I haven't seen the faces of the aliens since I was a kid, and looking at the face now It's absolutely hilarious. What a sad looking lad. If only I could shake off the eeriness of greys

Attached: file.png (259x194, 64.79K)

Thanos.

does anyone know if spielbergs version went through some revions
the first half of the movie is just perfect but when his son wants to join the battle on the hill it falls apart.
especially the happy ending with the son betrays the darker original set up of the movie.
i feel like with a few rewritings all those problems could have been solved. like have the family join an army convoy tasked with protecting civilians and the son decides to enlist, while cruise tries to talk him out of it the convoy gets attacked and cruise has to leave with his daughter

it is the most mixed bag of all time. There are truly great and memorable scenes that really due give you a sense of dread and then a few scenes that are a bit over the top and not that great.

Spielberg likes his happy endings so I'm sure that's how it was meant to be from the start.

Attached: cover.jpg (1400x1400, 454.27K)

THE CHANCES OF ANYTHING COMING FROM MARS ARE A MILLION TO ONE HE SAID

Best overall: Jeff Wayne's Music Version of The War of the Worlds
Worst overall: 2019 BBC adaptation
Best film: 1953 film
Worst film: Pendragon Pictures 2005 film
Best fighting machine design: Spielberg 2005 film
Best Martian design: 1953 film

>Pendragon Pictures 2005 film
Reminder that this movie is so bad, the studio has tried to memory hole its existence to the point where you can't even find a trailer for it

>THE VOICE OF THE DEVIL IS HEARD IN OUR LANDS!

Attached: EzaUWV6WYAEKFcU.jpg (236x236, 7.55K)

MUY BASADO HOMBRE

SOMEWHERE
IN THE SPIRIT OF MAN

i like happy endings too

THE CHANCES OF ANYTHING COMING FROM MARS ARE A MILLION TO ONE

BUT STILL, THEY COME

What is it about aliens specifically, user?

The fact that they can just take you and stick you on a surgical bench and toy with you, while being absolutely helpless and at their mercy.
That and the mystery behind their motive has always creeped me out.
Close Encounters still scares the shit out of me lmao. The ending was never a good one in my eyes. as a kid I remember hoping the main character was unharmed in their space ship while staring up at the dark ceiling thinking about ayys

I don’t know. It’s rare to see a film fall apart so spectacularly in the 3rd act. Everything before that is some of the finest horror ever put on film

This and it isn't close