Made me cry

made me cry.

Attached: MV5BNmY0MWY2NDctZDdmMi00MjA1LTk0ZTQtZDMyZTQ1NTNlYzVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzOTY1NTc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1520, 87.45K)

i hated it as an irishman

Kill yourself immediately numale

Great film

just watched it recently, amazing beautiful film

Every single character in this film was debilitatingly autistic.

Attached: CE18AF92-0EAB-4BDF-90CA-BAEBFABB8511.jpg (1280x720, 83.31K)

What part? This reaction sounds vaguely familiar but I don't remember what part offhand. I remember when he cried though after kissing that guy who died.

Right at the top. The music is remarkable.

Why? It's literally luck of the Irish: the movie.

The first half is so enjoyable and exciting, and the second half is so, so very saddening. One of my all time favorite movies.

That's "civilised" high society for you.

Was this one of the last movies to have an intermission? Does it have the most 3rd person narration of any film? Not including documentaries. A Christmas Story wasn't really 3rd person was it?

hateful eight had an intermission

>I demand satisfaction
i really identified with this cuuck

Attached: y45y45y45y45y45y54.jpg (839x526, 35.49K)

KINO

Attached: EFuUDUmXkAADJch.jpg (1024x768, 42.4K)

>Every single character in this film was a parody of the human race.

He was almost certainly gay, right?

Also reverend Runt knowingly let little Bryan escape, didn't he?

quinoa

Probably when his son died was when I teared up

"Barry Lyndon is Kubrick's best" is the clearest pseud-marker in existence. His fumbling imitation of a painterly style and period-piece aesthetics, mastered by Griffith half a century earlier, is as dull as it is derivative.

There is nothing about this flick that looks like a painting beyond the fact that there are long shots with high headroom. It looks like any washed out 70s flick. 18th-century paintings feature stark shadows in the frame to delineate foreground from midground to background and to create depth. Barry Lyndon is always flat and its physiognomy is completely opposed to the 18th-century paintings where individuals are relatively near. He's forcing a distance and dissimilar look from that of the time frame, the models are alien and sterile compared to the generally flowery presentation of 18th-century paintings. These are paintings for people that have never been to an art gallery.

But even aside from the overhyping of the film's technical aspects, Barry Lyndon is worthless. It's a Bresson-ified 30s costume picture incapable of escaping its lowbrow picaresque entertainment roots (dissertations about fate et al.) Just like everything with Kubrick, it's calculated to appease the middle and lowbrow. To make them feel as if they are experiencing culture, as if they are "learning" something profound. This is peak cinematic art for people that have never seen more than 20 films from 1900-1938 tops.

Attached: 1532013904013.png (2361x996, 2.97M)

>hauled off in the same sheep-drawn carriage as used on his birthday
Fuck..

autism go

>derivative
stopped reading there. “critics” and their fucking buzzwords.

Oh yeah I forgot about that whole thing. Even right after the accident too like when he says he's not in trouble.