Are video games ever better than the movies themselves?

Are video games ever better than the movies themselves?

Attached: 2222611-box_avatar.png (799x960, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastemagazine.com/games/10-pinball-machines-better-than-the-movies-theyre/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. The Witcher games are much better than the tv show and I don't think anyone would disagree unless they haven't played them.

and um... I think there's a Fallout show coming out. There's no way it'll be as good as New Vegas.

Spiderman 2

the games predate the show, though. i think OP means games based on movies or TV shows.

in terms of that, i guess Goldeneye for the N64?

They have to be games that came out after the movies? I can't think of any that are better but Lord of the Rings had good video games and so did Harry Potter. Those were two of my favourite things as a teenager.
I think the movie has to be good for a video game adaption to be good.

Attached: 51bJnv443mL[1].jpg (355x500, 51.34K)

King Kong
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Goldeneye

No, but pinball machines are.

pastemagazine.com/games/10-pinball-machines-better-than-the-movies-theyre/

Attached: Avatar Pinball Flyer.jpg (1024x1325, 413.94K)

Sometimes

Attached: 51iFzyuSNGL._AC_.jpg (350x500, 45.89K)

Space chimps. The movie is too scary.

The Thing, Riddick EFBB.

avatar's quality is measured in sales #s so the game sucked

Uncharted

I wouldn't say it was better than the movies but the Harry Potter Ps1 games were pretty kino even though they were limited by the technology at the time.

Fallen Order is better than any of the Star Wars movies or shows of the past decade.

As for direct movie to game, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was better than the movie.

There's probably others.

???

Attached: gt42.jpg (354x500, 36.69K)

all the violence and fun we didn't get in the movie we got it in the game tenfold

Attached: 91B+YoID9bS._SL1500_[1].jpg (1303x1500, 332.53K)

user, this is the wrong ubisoft avatar game.

Attached: 1654241321871.jpg (1280x720, 120.78K)

This shit was so good

Do movies really get licensed video games any more? I feel like every shitty action movie that came out in the 00’s had a video game adaptation but honestly I feel like I can’t name a single recent game based on a movie in the past three years. Like, garbage like the Catwoman movie used to get adapted into a video game but I feel like it just doesn’t happen anymore?

i loved this game

It doesn't happen because everyone collectively realised they're shit. I've seen games for Marvel movies but that's it. They don't make games unless the movies make billions.

games 20 years ago were made in 12-18 months on average, now it takes 3-4 years or more and they cost 50x as much to produce
iirc, the last "big" movie based game was the Amazing Spider-man 2 back in 2014, game was rushed and shit obviously
a skin in Fortnite is more profitable to market your movie

everyone EVERYONE was talking about that game it was so goddamn badass

Only the third game.
People forget that the previous two were exemplars of the dark age of PC combat systems