Why dont we ever see Poleaxes being used by Men-at-Arms and Knights in Medieval/Fantasy films and tv shows?

youtube.com/watch?v=LdVYW9r2G3U
Why dont we ever see Poleaxes being used by Men-at-Arms and Knights in Medieval/Fantasy films and tv shows?

Attached: 1650176975778.jpg (937x1171, 146.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zWmhRSAcWkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1637537730636.jpg (750x587, 39.7K)

why were all these people too retarded to invent guns?

Like most things, whites had to wait for asians to invent a key thing. In this case, gunpowder.

first they needed gunpowder to come from China
it began appearing in European conflicts at the end of the 1300s and some areas quickly adopted it like Italy while others were quite slow to adopt it like England where the War of the Roses was fought mainly with bow and bill
the early hand gonnes were very crude, imprecise, and dangerous
and were used in a mix with other existing weapons

Attached: 800px-06-357.png (800x1007, 298.49K)

>why were all these people too-ACK NO IM SORRY NIGEL PLEASE TAKE MY TEA AND MY MONEY AND MY WIFE

Attached: file.png (640x453, 588.37K)

how do you do that and not lose a finger

I don't see how that could possibly occur outside of the entire contraption just exploding

>whites had to wait for asians to invent a key thing
Can you give me an example of that other than gunpowder?

Attached: gunpowder.jpg (432x810, 68.48K)

Is this from a vidya game? Looks good.

Imagine slaughtering chink bugs for a living, god damn I wish I lived back then.

what happened in 1530

you are sticking the burning wick straight into the hole that contains gun powder
upon contact the gunpowder explodes
there is no time for you to pull your hand away

Guns sucked back then. Until pic rel came out, they were just a fancy gimmick. And even then, these things were completely useless if it was rainy or humid.

Attached: Arquebus.jpg (2409x899, 466.46K)

Just looks like a two-handed broadsword.

They briefly fell for the claymore meme before returning to forme.

same reason you still see retarded combat rolls and shit like that: hollywood writers and directors are normalfags who don't care about cool stuff

why do they think uselessly bashing plate armor with a sword looks cool?

It's not useless in their movies, armor is just for looks and doesn't do anything. Any sword slice or poke is an instant kill through the thickest of plate plus chain mail unless they decide there needs to be a dramatic moment.

the sword has a romance to it like a cowboy's revolver. A poleaxe is a weapon you take to a battlefield. A medieval incel would take one to axe up his school after the medieval FBI grooms him into doing it.

i imagine someone tried, but it turned out that poleaxe use isn't cinematic

>blackpowder and gunpowder rely on entirely different chemical compositions to generate the explosion
>people still insist it's stealing from asians
I'm asian and I hate this shit. Europeans made something entirely different from blackpowder because surprise, europeans can also invent shit and innovate too

by the time this style of late period armor came out they did have guns go read about pike and shot formations

Because you are a faggot and i fucked your mom. Thats just my two cents, god i love Any Forums.

itd prolly be more combined arms anyway which could be pretty kino

wick is long for that reason champ

better yet just hire THE SELF-PROCLAIMED BROTHER OF JESUS CHRIST to do it for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=zWmhRSAcWkI