Heat (1995)

Discuss.

Attached: 7EE030F0-5E91-423F-AEC9-EF453F516200.jpg (1360x1592, 393.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gIWmWHI5VHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i thought that the hijacking scene was more intense than the bank shootout.

Well first thing's first. Anyone want pie?

Attached: Waingro pie.webm (1280x533, 2.14M)

Perfect film.
No fat.

blew out my eardrums, thanks 0/10

What was Wayne Grow? Was it a landscaping business?

Boring film.
Too much globohomo filler.

Heated when?

Showing DeNiro and Pacino's characters having nonfunctional person lives added nothing. The whole having them have a heart to heart about it in the restaurant and the whole suicide subplot was unnecessarily over the top. Just show DeNiro leaving the girl and Pacino having an estranged family. It was a heist movie. didn't need all the extra crap.

>I’m just a cowboy looking for anything heavy
Kino

he had to get it on, man

Attached: 1629448093539.jpg (320x241, 59.01K)

>not shooting him with a silenced pistol

When the waiter comes by, say, "Oh, and please don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired."

It's boring and the only good thing about it is the big shootout, which is excellent.

Not that good

that pie was making a move man he had to get it on

>i know what will improve your movie
>turn the memorable characters into one dimensional cliches that are only there to be in service of the action
Don't quit your day job.

>"There’s a flip side to Bitcoin."
Production year: 1995. Crazy!

Attached: heat table showdown.png (1500x625, 623.78K)

Wellllllll I got a couple moves I can make

Attached: 027458C2-46FF-4458-AF04-D156045509CF.jpg (835x360, 41.07K)

Incredible movie. I love that McCauley's desire for revenge on Waingro is what does him in in the end. He was so close to escaping and making it out for good but he just can't let his masculine pride go. If he'd put that behind him he would have lived a happy life.

Hanna fulfils his personal obligations before his professional ones which is why he wins. He looks after the girl and makes sure she's safe before he chases after McCauley. It's a brilliant film technically but also very rich thematically.

i can't tell this is a shitpost or not but i wish more screentime was given to the other members of the crew
if heat came out today you bet that mann would've probably made it a miniseries.

agreed

Attached: 1616105889583.gif (500x245, 3.44M)

whole movie depended on a homeless guy a mile away hearing one of the robbers call someone "slick"

Did Kelso ever see any of his cut? Probably not, but I still wonder. Probably wouldn't even have wanted to hazard to collect given how high-profile the fuckup became.

Chris just had his soul ripped out (a fitting punishment for him) and can only think to get away, so it's unlikely that he thought to get Kelso back. Unless somehow Nate thought to square it.

No scene tops the shootout. The audio is perfect. If you have good speakers let that shit rip.

For me the action is the juice

Terrible film. Pacino gives one of the worst performances of all time and the story makes no sense. The editing and a few stand out scenes are really incredible especially for 1995 but if you take out the Star power of the cast and just look at the story and how one event leads to another it makes no sense.

When you go looking for something, you tend to find it. Also they were going to (attempt to) do Waingro regardless of whether the cops were on the case, so the bad blood was flowing no matter what. Pretty much the whole sequence of events up to the bank job would have played out about the same, the only differences are that Neil and Hanna wouldn't have had the sit-down. The police would have been slower to react (they would still have gotten the tip from van Zant's Henry Rollins guy via Waingro I think, unless I'm missing a detail in the sequence). That latter bit basically hinges Waingro somehow knowing their next job but he was out of the loop anyway by that point. I'm missing one detail here somewhere.

>Hmmm what will keep the audience's attention this late in the movie?
>More obscenely loud gunshots?
>No we already did that... how about we just randomly have the daughter kill herself with no lead up for shock value?
>Yeah its totally unearned and clearly there just to try to match the feeling if DeNiro's ending but let's go with it anyways because we're hacks
Everyone remembers Heat for one thing and it's not the shitty attempt at a subplot.

pacino has talent for scenery chewing. this is one of his greatest masterpieces

I thought the action was robbing banks

Attached: Confused Apu.png (612x491, 105.87K)

Kelso called.

Attached: BEFDF864-2990-4E21-8C46-C484D8DC8D2B.png (1034x795, 1.36M)

pure kino

Agreed, Al Pacino’s wife was a shithead in that film, would’ve been better if his character was divorced and living in a 1-room apartment.

youtu.be/gIWmWHI5VHo

If this isn’t over acting I don’t know what is. Don’t get me wrong, Pacino was kino in the 70’s when was subtle but at this point in his career he was out of his prime and just playing a caricature of himself.