Yes, I am stingy, how do you know that?

>yes, I am stingy, how do you know that?

Attached: ec3e3b7dddb9bc3545d5d2717b14e044.jpg (1427x600, 103.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/netherlands/real-reason-dutch-stingy/
dutchreview.com/culture/tikkie-etiquette-dos-and-donts-of-asking-for-money/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is this app

telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/netherlands/real-reason-dutch-stingy/

dutchreview.com/culture/tikkie-etiquette-dos-and-donts-of-asking-for-money/

jesus

Aren't the Dutch embarrassed to be known worldwide as penny-pinching misers? I would legit be ashamed if this was a stereotype of English people.

>i got this one, you get the next one haha
its literally that easy
why cant they learn how to act as human beings? your social life isnt an excel spreadsheet

Attached: 25AC40DE-9692-4E17-8E7B-452FD236DF3B.png (160x160, 26.49K)

i was on vacation last year taking a boat tour, there was this dutch family on board and the father decided to sit on the other side, away from his family, so he could have the best viewing spot for himself
even other couples couldn't sit together because this guy refused to move from his spot
his reasoning? "i paid for it"

>If you’ve ever interacted with Dutchies you’ve probably received a Tikkie for €0,80 or an equally negligible amount. Perhaps from a guy you went on a date with who wants to be reimbursed for the contribution he made so you could use the public toilet.

wow ..

I remember a French user once commenting that in the tourist-heavy region he lives in, the Dutch are the only European tourists who bring their own food for week-long camping trips and don't spend a single penny at local establishments. I honestly don't know why they're like this? You can't even say it's a Protestant thing, or a Germanic thing, because they're in a league of their own when it comes to cheapness.

i would argue it is a germanic thing because germans are exactly like that aswell, it's just that the dutch take it to extremes that would even be considered unusual and over the top here

What happens if I don't download the app?

>the Dutch are the only European tourists who bring their own food for week-long camping trips
Wait, really? Do others just not care about managing their money? That would be like buying food during your work lunch break instead of just eating something you brought from home - a needless expense.

post the stories of the guy who got tikkied by their friends

how about, like, putting some money into the local economy? sampling local foods and engaging with the local culture?
just a wild idea

My grandma did that when she went on vacation to greece, but only because her stomach was racist.

Why though? Going on a trip is expensive enough already.

I'd hate to bother you but what do you think about this

if that is your mentality i don't see why you don't just stay home in the first place

incredible thread

Attached: firstdatetikkiecrop-285x300.png (285x300, 65.6K)

I don't really think anything about it, because I don't really have any Tikkie-experiences because I don't expect favors from others without a cost. If someone offers to buy me a coffee I decline, just to not owe them anything. And this sort sentiment is actually pretty common nowadays in the age of Tikkies.

As for your question, you don't need an app, there's other ways to pay. But really, not much will happen if you don't pay from a legal point of view when it comes to these Tikkie horror stories. If you never agreed to pay your friend up front they can't just go to court and charge you for a coffee (that would be silly), and if they insist on being reimbursed the relationship between you two has likely already been soured anyways, either by them being stingy or you being greedy, depending on the situation.

In the Netherlands women themselves tend to ask to split the bill though.

AHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for the answer. I do the refusing favours thing but only for big things that I feel like others may use against me. Here, little things like a coffee aren't given too much tought. When I was in highschool, popular girls would ask me for a couple of euros to "borrow" because they ""forgot"" to bring a snack, knowing full damn well I was too beta to ask them

My parents still do this

dutch here come in their own campers with all their own food and avoid spending any money at all

>can't sue someone over a cup of coffee so the relationship ends because you're too greedy to pay it back
tikkiebros...

Attached: images.png (225x225, 3.61K)